I've read lots of threads about what might be coming in 2.0. and lots of threads of people's high expectation of 2.0.

I think RIM needs to release something major in February that haven't been rumored before in order to attract new customers.
    Think about it, most of the leaks of what's coming with 2.0 was an 8 month delay of what was promised for the summer of 2011. The non playbook people is going to look at the Playbook as a one year old hardware and software technology.

I've owned my playbook now for almost two months and use it on a daily basis. It serve 85% of my needs. I would love for the Playbook to be successful. But RIM needs to do some magic to wow the potential customers.
    RicThot likes this.
    12-08-11 01:01 PM
    In the words of Generation Y:

Duh!!!
    12-08-11 01:14 PM
    deja vu
    12-08-11 01:14 PM
    I've been using 2.0 beta for a week now and I think it looks very promising... I can't wait to see all features!
    12-08-11 01:17 PM
    It would be great if RIM could pull off a "One more thing" moment with the OS 2.0 update. However, I wouldn't count on it. At this point, I'd be happy if what they have already promised works smoothly.
    12-08-11 01:20 PM
    And water is wet..........
    12-08-11 01:30 PM
    I'm not setting my hopes too high. MKV and usb otg would meet all my goals. If they add native Chinese input, a better pdf reader and somehow get skype, I would be ecstatic.
    12-08-11 01:52 PM
    RIM needs to do something big. I completely agree. You aren't going to get back those customers you lost to Apple and Google until you bring out a game changer.

Bringing email to a tablet is not a gamechanger.
    dave1701 likes this.
    12-08-11 02:00 PM
    Interestingly, it looks like the iPAD 3 will be released in February as well.

Behind The Money
    By John Melloy, Executive Producer, Fast Money
    The iPad3 will be released in February with a high-resolution screen, a new selling point for the entertainment and productivity device that will drive Apple shares up 27 percent to $500 in 12 months, according to an analyst with Citi Investment Research.
    �Current iPad builds are up sequentially in 1CQ12 (the current quarter) thanks to the February launch of a new iPad with double the screen resolution of the current model,� wrote Richard Gardner in a note to clients. �Several sources have confirmed the timing of this launch and there do not appear to be any significant technical hurdles remaining.�
    iPad2�s current display is 132 pixels per inch. A doubling of that resolution would put it well ahead of the current displays for the Kindle Fire and Nook, which sport tech specs of 169 pixels per inch each. (Note: Their screens are 7 inches, compared to 9.7 inches for the iPad2.)
    Another reason for Gardner�s bullishness is that he believes there will be an upside surprise in iPhone shipments this quarter on strong holiday demand. Apple shares rose as the rest of the market fell Thursday, in part because of Citi�s bullish note.
    Still some investors have their doubts that the iPad can maintain its tablet supremacy without more bells and whistles than just a better screen for watching movies, playing games and reading books.
    �Apple will not be able to continue to get away with this �evolutionary� $500 tablet thing for much longer as very good and much cheaper products like Amazon�s Fire at $200 are available,� wrote Dan Nathan, an investor and editor of RiskReversal.com.
    Still, the growth numbers for the iPad brand have been more than impressive. The original iPad, launched in April 2010, sold 3 million units in its first 80 days, making it the most quickly adopted non-phone electronic product ever. Last quarter, the Apple sold 11.1 million iPad2s, a 166 percent jump from the same period a year ago.
    12-08-11 02:03 PM
    RIM is such a big lair. They released playbook when it was not ready. Since they didn't do it right at the first place, now it's hard to compete with other tablets
    12-08-11 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD