yup...I'll save ya the oh yeah...

Current Openings

QNX not RIM is what i believe he said
    RIM owns QNX, so same difference.
    06-21-11 09:19 PM
    You're kidding about the oil companies right...
    Exxon reported a profit of $10.7 billion last quarter; RIM reported just under $700 million.
    Look at the profit MARGIN not the money.

If you had a dollar to invest in 1 thing where would you put it.

AAPL, XOM, RIMM, RDS-A (Royal Dutch Shell) or BP. Shell and BP are laughable. BP even more so because of their diversified portfolio of companies.
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 06-22-11 at 02:56 PM.
    06-21-11 10:09 PM
    I would put my money in AAPL, RIMM, XOM in that order. And XOM I might not even because the return is horrible compared to tech stocks.
    06-22-11 02:58 PM
    It looks like RIM has already starting to layoff its emplyees, I wont put a link because the news is available everywhere. What does that mean for our PB, or other RIM products?
    The 200 layoffs will have no impact on the future of the PB or any RIM product. If any one of them had any positive effect on RIM current or future products they would not be let go.

RIM has been erecting one heck of a lot of brick and mortar around here (and elsewhere) over the past 24months. They already have more employees than they have seats for them. Many employees don't use the same office/cubicle from day to day. First come first serve.
    Hopefully they still need all this current, ongoing and proposed space. My guess is that they will. An abrupt failure would be somewhat devastating to the people and our community.

I have been working at the same consulting firm in Waterloo for 16 years. I've seen many people laid off. Some good and others so-so. When I see one person laid-off (we typically have about 40 on staff at our location) I don't panic and assume we're going out of business. BTW, that's 2.5% of our staff and more than double what RIM just laid off.
    06-23-11 02:17 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD