08-19-11 11:46 AM
31 12
tools
    Unfortunately I have a busy schedule in places where I can't pop out my devices to use but when I get the chance I love the fact that I can browse without a data plan on the playbook. I mean sprint charges 60 a month and they don't even have 4G in my state. I'm all for my playbook having its individual data plan but these carriers need to make it a bit more realistic.
    08-19-11 10:08 AM
    I think the PB is a good device, RIM is rather slow with the stuff that's a "must have" for the PB (spell check, more apps, etc) but the positives outweigh the negatives for me with this thing, and it fits in most pockets! The bridge feature is ingenius, why should I worry about native mail when I can read them through Messages while bridged and since .2670 the browser is much better, it renders mmorpg.com and google+ and several other sites exactly as you see it on the PC.

Oh and a Skype app would be fantastic, but skype works through imo.im on the browser (even the camera in video chat).
    08-19-11 10:11 AM
    I'm with Telus and they have free tethering anyway. I still use bridge for a second browser though. I think Telus saw the bridge feature coming and decided they could make more money in tablet sales anyway.
    08-19-11 10:11 AM
    I am with AT&T. I have the tethering plan, but I find that I hardly ever turn tethering on. Most of the time just using the bridge does everything that I need at the momment.

Having the ability to be on the internet 100% of the time makes the PB so worth it.
    08-19-11 10:14 AM
    If only they could incorporate bridge as a "tether" like feature where we can use our data bridged to use our apps and such.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    08-19-11 11:12 AM
    Those of us on BES without MDS service running are out of luck - No Bridge Browser icon, no functional connection. RIM needs to add a config option to run Bridge Browser through BIS instead of BES.

If they do that, they add a lot more happy customers.
    08-19-11 11:46 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD