PB needs a lot of work. Auto-capitalization, spell check, Angry Birds, Skype, more frequent updates, and MUCH more.

But...

Bridge Browser has evolved into a useful, practical, and cost-effective piece that, IMHO, compensates for any and all of the device's shortcomings. As an owner of an iPad 2, BB's ability to take the internet anywhere catapults its net worth beyond other tablets. Paying for 3G/4G tablet support has been rendered unnecessary because of it. Kudos to RIM for creating a USEFUL and UNIQUE workaround to carrier greed. It also should be said that the speed of BB has been improved tremendously since release.

Blackberry, ladies and gentlemen. All day, everyday.
    08-18-11 06:43 PM
    unless your one of the millions of AT&T customers which has to get a blackberry tethering plan, which renders it useless.
    algutier likes this.
    08-18-11 06:57 PM
    well we all know ATT is just a iphone seller.
    08-18-11 07:00 PM
    true, bridge works great, although additional features like sms and bb groups would be much welcomed..

however, I do feel sorry for those owning the pb without a bb, guess it's time for them to pickup those shiny new 9900s
    08-18-11 07:06 PM
    unless your one of the millions of AT&T customers which has to get a blackberry tethering plan, which renders it useless.
    I use bridge just fine. No tethering plan at all with AT&T
    08-18-11 07:12 PM
    AT&T here too. No tethering for me either.
    08-18-11 07:15 PM
    What? You haven't been caught yet?
    murnende likes this.
    08-18-11 07:16 PM
    It still needs a little work but I agree! Bridge is the best part of the playbook.... or one of them.
    08-18-11 07:17 PM
    Question... Does anyone have a problem with their BB rebooting randomly while bridge browsing? I have reloaded my Bold 9650'4 OS to no avail.

Bridge browser is a great feature, when it works for me lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 07:33 PM
    bridge is supper fast with bold 9900....makes me a happy camper!!!
    08-18-11 07:36 PM
    How is angry birds needed for playbook? Just play the game it ripped off, called crush the castle. You want games, buy a ds. PB needs useful apps.
    08-18-11 09:43 PM
    I still use the Bridge. Just the OTA one, not the one from App world
    08-18-11 09:45 PM
    Well...how to use the Bridge to get online and surf the net on PB without tethering? I am from HK...hehe
    08-18-11 10:05 PM
    I'm so Angry birded out from the hour or so I played it I don't care if it even comes out for BB.
    08-18-11 10:16 PM
    Yeah I had read where carriers are finding lots of customers are reluctant to buy dataplans for tablets in this slow economy. Seems RIM has a unique opportunity to sell the bridging feature. It mostly works very well now. It was not sellable in its original release form, before the patches. And it is still even better on the new OS7 devices. So now's the time!

d3adcrab likes this.
    08-18-11 10:23 PM
    I use my bridge connection majority of my day at work listening to slacker radio online sending email to co-workers, and reviewing spread sheets for work. I love my PB

d3adcrab likes this.
    08-18-11 10:45 PM
    I love my pb too, bridge browsing on att ,no problem
    08-18-11 11:23 PM
    I don't think they are putting an end to people who are bridging to their playbook because the carrier has areed to let its customers do so. This is why Verizon released it and basically allowed it after the Playbook was out for a while.

I think they are cracking down on users who are sporting the jailbroken iphone and using it as a wifi hotspot or tethering ilegally. Using it as so with a computer I think incures a lot more data charges which is why they are cracking down.

Your standard bridge browsing is going to be much less internet use than you using your iphone or your blackberry for that matter to surf the web on your laptop.

I am not positive on this statement but I think the carriers would block bridge browsing or we would have heard of them adding charge for it by now.

08-18-11 11:29 PM
    Bridge = use your PB as an enlarged BB screen
    Tether = use your BB as a modem for your PB

I don't think operator will charge extra cost for bridge connection, as long as we can browse through our BB (our operator down here provided a BIS subscription that doesn't included the web browsing & email feature)

anyway, Bridge is a revolutionary way to maximize a non-SIM card tablets indeed Loves how RIM created this "out-of-the-box" feature.

Guess iPhone 5 and iPad 3 can do the same way later...
    08-18-11 11:51 PM
    I can tell you is amazing if you don't have you love bb near you, bridge make it one step closer even is you are apart, I can tell you my boss was so impresse today when she start playing with my PB and start surfing the net and my phone was no near for her, she get so surprise, it is amazing, great thing to have

08-19-11 12:19 AM
    true, bridge works great, although additional features like sms and bb groups would be much welcomed..

however, I do feel sorry for those owning the pb without a bb, guess it's time for them to pickup those shiny new 9900s
    I may have to pick up the 9930 when it hits Sprint to see what this bridge business is all about. I'm able to use my current phones wifi with the PB so all my internet apps work just fine.
    08-19-11 01:10 AM
    can you tell me about crush the castle i cant find it in app world thx
    08-19-11 01:47 AM
    ZOMFG!!! True story. Soooooooooooooooooo pissed!!!

08-19-11 01:51 AM
    So regarding the Blackberry Bridge and the missing 3G/4G feature. What do you think about rolling out BB Bridge to other Plattforms (iOS, Android) to have an advantage against other tablets, where you do need an extra Sim (mostly)?
    08-19-11 03:20 AM
    Question... Does anyone have a problem with their BB rebooting randomly while bridge browsing? I have reloaded my Bold 9650'4 OS to no avail.

Bridge browser is a great feature, when it works for me lol.

My phone rebooted once when I was in the calendar.
    08-19-11 07:09 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD