Thanks everyone for your post.

So they just called me, said they THINK they have fixed the problem on their activation server's end, but asked me not to try and activate the playbook for 24 hrs

My story just gets funnier and funnier everyday
    10-06-11 01:17 PM
    I'd agree with some of the other posters although it does not mean some additional frustrating times on the phone with them.

They, RIM, made the mistake. You should not have to wait as they investigate their errors and figure out what went wrong with their processing. They owe you a working pb. And not a working pb in another 3 or 4 days or another week.

I just got a rapid charger from them (no, apparently, they do not warrant it but since there was no way to figure that out, they in a sign of good faith sent me a new one). It was shipped by them on the 4th from Ontario and arrived at my home on the west coast of the US on the 5th at around 9:30am the next morning. They can just as clearly send you a device quickly and fix the mess that they created.

Good luck on the frustrating end of things.
    Yeah, thats the thing that really stings....they can fix this without anymore headaches for me, but they won't. With so many unsold units, you'd think they would at least use some of them to better their PR, and not let someone like me come say bad things about them on a site like this
    10-06-11 01:22 PM
    I bought a surround sound system at wallyworld and they did check the serial number before they gave me my money back.
    every retailer that I've been to at least checks that the SN on the box matches the SN on the device. Some even scan the SN on the receipt.
    10-06-11 01:26 PM
    Thanks everyone for your post.

So they just called me, said they THINK they have fixed the problem on their activation server's end, but asked me not to try and activate the playbook for 24 hrs

My story just gets funnier and funnier everyday
    is that good enough for you?

aren't you concerned about this 'blackmarket' thing. ask them for a email saying your product is genuine or something of the sort
    10-06-11 05:55 PM
    they are busy testing out os 2.0 on it.. happy?
    10-06-11 06:07 PM
    is that good enough for you?

aren't you concerned about this 'blackmarket' thing. ask them for a email saying your product is genuine or something of the sort
    I'm very concerned, but I'm honestly tired of calling them......and I think they know it too, cus someone else in my current situation would probably never want to buy from RIM again, so why beat a dead horse....

That being said, what they sent me is ONE day old, and hasn't been used one bit cus I can't even activate it LMAO....they could have been smart about this and just sent me another refurbished one yesterday like I asked, so I would have had a (hopefully) working device in my hand today, and they could inventory and validate the "blackmarket" pb they sent me at their earliest convenience.

But no...thats not how RIM does it I guess....they're..... "different"
    10-06-11 06:33 PM
    they are busy testing out os 2.0 on it.. happy?
    HAH! I'm not holding my breath for that one either
    10-06-11 06:35 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD