As of July 20th, 2011, RIM has 38 more days until the end of their fiscal Q2 on August 27th, 2011. Earnings will be reported on September 15, 2011, 19 days to count the pennies...

What does RIM need to do in 38 days for the Playbook?

My idea's:

• Release 3G/4G Playbook
    • Release Native PIM (email, address book, contacts) (How's your bridge working?)
    • Speed up the browser performance
    • Release native developers kit for QNX (not sure if has been done yet)
    • Embrace their developers community (bribe them, do whatever it takes, to make them comfortable)

Any other ideas?
    slbailey1 and killa4luv like this.
    07-20-11 12:14 PM
    [*]Release Native PIM (email, address book, contacts) (How's your bridge working?)[*]Speed up the browser performance
    The browser could be improved. The bridge is flawless for me. It connects to my Torch 9800 (which is ALWAYS in my pocket) perfectly. I'm actually worried if there is a native app the email on my PB and my Torch will not stay sync-ed.

I would like to see a much improved Docs to go. A track pad for persicse cursor movement in text. And universal spell check with suggestions. These things are all on my smart phone and should be as good or better on a tablet.
    07-20-11 12:37 PM
    RIM has already written off this quarter in its guidance. I don't think there much chance of an upside surprise because the BB7 phones are still nowhere to be seen. Hopefully RIM sold a few hundred thousand more Playbooks in the new markets in which it was released. RIM is more popular in some of those countries so maybe more Playbooks were sold there than here in America. I don't see many being sold in the U.S. since what was reported.
    07-20-11 12:51 PM
    Dont forget a2dp. Bring the playbook almost into this century.
    lexisnight likes this.
    07-20-11 01:08 PM
    As of July 20th, 2011, RIM has 38 more days until the end of their fiscal Q2 on August 27th, 2011. Earnings will be reported on September 15, 2011, 19 days to count the pennies...

What does RIM need to do in 38 days for the Playbook?

My idea's:

• Release 3G/4G Playbook
    • Release Native PIM (email, address book, contacts) (How's your bridge working?)
    • Speed up the browser performance
    • Release native developers kit for QNX (not sure if has been done yet)
    • Embrace their developers community (bribe them, do whatever it takes, to make them comfortable)

Don't get me wrong, I'm a bbFan, and I love my PB, but I seriously doubt any of the above list will happen before the end of August.

Native apps? Maybe.

Browser performance is fine in my hands...

Android player needs RIM signed android apps: I have yet to see any dev documentation about the signing or submission process.

Summer ends on Sept 23rd. I really don't expect much for the PB before then.
    07-20-11 01:25 PM
    nothing can save this quarter or this year for that matter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 01:26 PM
    RIM has already written off this quarter in its guidance. I don't think there much chance of an upside surprise because the BB7 phones are still nowhere to be seen.
    It looks like they are also going to miss the all important back to school with the new phones, especially the new Torch 9850 which is going to be marketed to the kiddies in school (but they're going to be late getting them the phones)
    07-20-11 01:26 PM
    better luck next time, i guess, is more appropriate to expect...
    07-20-11 01:30 PM
    for me hands down BridgeFiles and a spell check once thoes two thongs happen everything else is gravey. native email would let me sell them faster as that is the big thing that is making me loose customers.
    07-20-11 04:32 PM
    38 more days to bring in big developers and big applications to 3G launch. amazon, news apps, tapatalk, etc and have them as native. $200 android tablets have them.
    07-20-11 04:32 PM
    Today's update has really fixed up the browser. It's freakin' awesome now! I really don't think it could be much better. Very very happy! You people do all realize when the email is added they have their new QNX system done for all the phones too right?????
    07-20-11 04:37 PM
    Today's update has really fixed up the browser. It's freakin' awesome now! I really don't think it could be much better. Very very happy! You people do all realize when the email is added they have their new QNX system done for all the phones too right?????
    email will likely be added after 3g pb is launched. sometime in october /Q4.
    bb 9900 will come with OS7, i believe, not yet QNX. QNX superphones due in 2012, hopefully with native email
    07-20-11 07:46 PM
    Q2 is already a write off so this thread is pointless. However, if I were to say something, it would be that PHONES NEED TO BE RELEASED, not anything PlayBook related.

It's the phones that sell millions upon millions. I doubt RIM is making much of anything from the PlayBook.
    07-20-11 09:18 PM
    phones will come next month, august - 9900. look nice. will sell well if priced correctly...300-400$ sounds fair.
    as for apple, ipad sales is higher than iphone sales. so tablet can be profitable.
    07-20-11 09:24 PM
    #1 iPhones count for more than half of Apple's revenue, not iPads

#2 you think RIM is magically going to start selling 9 million PlayBooks per quarter if they get a native email client out?
    07-20-11 09:58 PM
    well at least with native email it probably sell to the rest of crackberry forumers...thats 3 MILLION...go to berryreview to get another million or so..that lefts us 9 - 4 = 5 million more buyers to go..500k to indonesia, 500k to china, 500k to india, 3,5 million to europe. thats 9 million. ..and i will buy one...that makes it 9,000,001 unit till the end of Q4.
    07-20-11 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD