ok the PB is awsome we all know it .
    i can deal with no native email. (green light )
    no skype , no netflix (yellow light )
    it takes a 2 full seconds before the camera takes a picture (red light)
    i like my PB but the camera delay is ridiculos.

RIM FIX THE CAMERA DELAY IN OS2
    curvezzz and mariobastros like this.
    12-30-11 12:45 AM
    My PB running 2.0 takes pictures much quicker than 1.0, so I think they did fix it! Other people with 2.0 , try it out when image stabilization is off.
    12-30-11 12:50 AM
    Op, you might want to post this in the following thread where others who are on OS2 may be able to help...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-tablet-os-f228/

Hope this helps!
    12-30-11 12:55 AM
    ok the PB is awsome we all know it .
    i can deal with no native email. (green light )
    no skype , no netflix (yellow light )
    it takes a 2 full seconds before the camera takes a picture (red light)
    i like my PB but the camera delay is ridiculos.

RIM FIX THE CAMERA DELAY IN OS2
    You're right I saw that it had a sports mode and assumed this would shorten the delay. It doesn't.

Also hoping there is autofocus capability that has not been enabled. I wonder if anyone has stripped it down to see if the cam is autofocus capable?
    mariobastros likes this.
    12-30-11 12:56 AM
    Well maybe it does. In sports mode with stabilization on, it seems to shorten the delay until when the pic is captured. The apparent delay when the screen blacks out is the period it takes to save the frame, not a delay in taking the pic. Still not instant by any means.

4:3 ratio seems faster as well.

Are you talking about delay from when the pic is snapped, or delay until you can take another?
    12-30-11 01:02 AM
    12-30-11 01:11 AM
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's EDoF. Let the wailing and hand-wringing begin...

It is much more responsive in the OS2 beta.
    12-30-11 01:31 AM
    Well maybe it does. In sports mode with stabilization on, it seems to shorten the delay until when the pic is captured. The apparent delay when the screen blacks out is the period it takes to save the frame, not a delay in taking the pic. Still not instant by any means.

4:3 ratio seems faster as well.

Are you talking about delay from when the pic is snapped, or delay until you can take another?
    when its snapped. sometimes u gotta snap quick to capture a moment .
    2 seconds is too much !
    mariobastros likes this.
    12-30-11 01:31 AM
    The shutter lag should be under 300ms (approaching zero) in 2.0.
    12-30-11 02:08 AM
    when its snapped. sometimes u gotta snap quick to capture a moment .
    2 seconds is too much !
    In sports mode 4:3 ratio its faster than that, but not really acceptable. I think youre suffering from the illusion created by the blacked out screen during the save which is around two seconds.

They should not do this - they should show the captured image instead during the save.

You can test this by panning the camera and paying attention to the difference between where an object is when you press the shutter vs where it is in the capture.
    12-30-11 02:18 AM
    It would also be very valuable and usefull to have a zoom slider in the video camera mode too. I see the lack of it really inhibits getting the videos I want.
    12-30-11 06:07 AM
    Support app developers and, solve the slow pic problem with MyBestShot. Search AppWorld. I have it and can tell you it works as advertised, for me.
    i did try it that app. wasnt quite content. but true theres almost no delay in it . tought do u find pic quality is lower?
    mariobastros likes this.
    12-30-11 08:39 AM
    I seriously doubt anyone's going to use PB as a still camera. I can deal with delays on occasional use of it but it's no deal breaker for me.
    12-30-11 09:56 AM
    I seriously doubt anyone's going to use PB as a still camera. I can deal with delays on occasional use of it but it's no deal breaker for me.
    It is a bit awkward. It reminds me of my dad's 4x5 speed graphic cameras.
    12-30-11 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD