Is RIM the figure on the right-hand side?

Click the figure to read the caption.
    Last edited by BlazorBoy; 07-26-12 at 04:04 PM.
    07-26-12 03:46 PM
    In theory, yes.

But RIM isn't selling.
    07-26-12 04:20 PM
    In theory, yes.

But RIM isn't selling.
    Then the answer is no.
    07-26-12 04:27 PM
    Then the answer is no.
    The picture depicts RIM's current position as a business. Their infrastructure and network capabilities are worth way more than the software and hardware side of things. If anything, hardware brings the price of RIM down.

But RIM isn't selling. The picture is about the worth of a company, not if the company is selling. Thus making the theory of the picture correct.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    07-26-12 04:39 PM
    As an economist, I always use a picture to save 1,000 words.
    07-26-12 04:53 PM
    As an economist, I always use a picture to save 1,000 words.
    So did the Neanderthals, but we homo sapiens evolved beyond pictorial forms of communication and developed words.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 07-26-12 at 05:01 PM.
    lnichols, bungaboy and BB_Bmore like this.
    07-26-12 04:58 PM
    So did the Neanderthals, but we homo sapiens evolved beyond pictorial forms of communication and developed words.
    And do you know how much you have to pay for a piece of their art now?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-26-12 05:12 PM
    First, the figure on the right is a pig. Second, your car is worth a lot more parted out than as a single unit- so what? Third, there is no conclusive evidence that the neanderthals ever created pictoral art.
    07-26-12 06:03 PM
    Third, there is no conclusive evidence that the neanderthals ever created pictoral art.
    Indeed, that is why their work is SO expensive.

Hey, aren't you the fellow who did not like my prized line about Philly? -
    07-26-12 09:27 PM

Hey, aren't you the fellow who did not like my prized line about Philly? -
    It's not that I didn't like it. It's just that old jokes cease being funny at a point.
    07-26-12 09:31 PM
    And do you know how much you have to pay for a piece of their art now?
    I'm betting that the recent antics of economists will be just as priceless 10,000 yrs from now. But just as useless today as their drawings in their age .

BTW I hope you don't take offence. Just joking with ya...
    Last edited by sam_b77; 07-27-12 at 02:54 AM.
    07-27-12 01:34 AM
    First, the figure on the right is a pig. Second, your car is worth a lot more parted out than as a single unit- so what? Third, there is no conclusive evidence that the neanderthals ever created pictoral art.
    While not "conclusive", there is enough suggestive evidence. Neanderthals may have been first human species to create cave paintings | Science | The Guardian
    And that's the best that there can be got considering those guys in the early period did not keep written record for some reason. .
    According to that article 4% of every modern European has the Neanderthal gene. Most of them would have become economists and bankers, looking at the mess they created in Europe. .
    Last edited by sam_b77; 07-27-12 at 01:43 AM.
    07-27-12 01:41 AM
    Not to be a dead horse (but I will anyway), and at the risk of straying way off topic, go back and reread that article. It simply says neandethals MAY have created those paintings, simply because they happened to be around at the time. But modern humans were in the area at the same time, and had been for 4.000 years or so. The article cites no reason to think the paintings were neanderthal as opposed to modern human creations, and thus really is suggestive of nothing. Your statement that 4% of every European has the neanderthal gene is also not quite right. The article says that ALL Europeans can trace 4% of their genes to neanderthals. But if you then read the article that is linked to regarding this claim, they say that this is basically true not only for Europeans, but for essentially all non Africans. So, be careful who you insult, since it probably applies to you too (and me as well).
    07-27-12 04:01 AM
    Not to be a dead horse (but I will anyway), and at the risk of straying way off topic, go back and reread that article. It simply says neandethals MAY have created those paintings, simply because they happened to be around at the time. But modern humans were in the area at the same time, and had been for 4.000 years or so. The article cites no reason to think the paintings were neanderthal as opposed to modern human creations, and thus really is suggestive of nothing. Your statement that 4% of every European has the neanderthal gene is also not quite right. The article says that ALL Europeans can trace 4% of their genes to neanderthals. But if you then read the article that is linked to regarding this claim, they say that this is basically true not only for Europeans, but for essentially all non Africans. So, be careful who you insult, since it probably applies to you too (and me as well).
    It's not an insult. Lighten up. Just some playful banter. He!! , I'm a North Indian, I would have genes from everywhere. From Alexander Army to Genghi khan. Neanderthals would be a compliment.
    07-27-12 04:21 AM
    I didn't really take it as an insult. Some Euro bankers and economists might, though. I did get a chuckle out of that.
    07-27-12 04:36 AM
    Hey Sam I Am, no worry about my taking your kidding the wrong way. Many of my posts try to make a point with a light touch. Paco reacted to an allusion to an old joke I made in another thread so he is acting in character. Maybe it was not a typo when he wrote "Not to be a dead horse ..."

Anyway, did you get to Pune this summer?
    07-27-12 05:44 AM
    Hey Sam I Am, no worry about my taking your kidding the wrong way. Many of my posts try to make a point with a light touch. Paco reacted to an allusion to an old joke I made in another thread so he is acting in character. Maybe it was not a typo when he wrote "Not to be a dead horse ..."

Anyway, did you get to Pune this summer?
    Pune? Why? I hardly go there. I went to Leh this summer.
    07-27-12 06:00 AM
    Pune? Why? I hardly go there. I went to Leh this summer.
    It used to be a fine hill station, buit I hear Pune may have changed character -- too many economists and businessmen now.
    07-27-12 06:04 AM
    It used to be a fine hill station, buit I hear Pune may have changed character -- too many economists and businessmen now.
    I went there for work a year back. Crowded and no roads. The hill station is a little towards Bombay. Lonavla. Never been there. Delhiites head for the Himalayas in the summer .
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    07-27-12 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD