Withdrawn unable to delete
    Last edited by jrohland; 03-27-12 at 06:30 AM.
    kbz1960, kzeusr, bbfan1040 and 2 others like this.
    01-03-12 06:00 AM
    I'm buying more stock...RIM is in a good place at the moment, the ouster of the 2 CEO's is/will be a big factor for its future, and they have only one way to go, and that is up. The same folks who denigrate RIM are the very same folks who think the last three years in America have been wonderfull insofar as "hope and change" is concerned.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-03-12 06:05 AM
    A change of perspective is always refreshing. All the negativity brought on by themselfs and manufactured by others has badly clouded what is now emerging as a sound new operating system.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-03-12 06:19 AM
    I just cant believe how many people just read whatever off the internet and then just take it for gospel.
    Newsflash 'Not everything you read off the internet is true!'

2012, The year of RIM!!!!!!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-03-12 08:22 AM
    These activities look like a company floundering to investors,
    This phrase is somewhat concerning from the perspective that the 'investors(shareholders)' are the ones who own the company.(not distinguishing between common, preferred, etc... stock) There really should be no disdain felt for those who have provided a company with the working capital to operate, grow, compete and in return hoped their investment(s) would grow, pay dividends, provided for retirement. Etc...

Shareholders should have a right to speak out when they believe a company is headed in the wrong direction and a course correction seems to be warranted.

You don't have to agree with them necessarily, but 'floundering' might be too strong of a word.

Just my two cents.
    01-03-12 09:04 AM
    I'm buying more stock...RIM is in a good place at the moment, the ouster of the 2 CEO's is/will be a big factor for its future, and they have only one way to go, and that is up.
    You might want to be careful with that mentality. People said the same thing when RIM was at $35, $36. In fact, a lot of people shared your viewpoint, and now they have half the money they invested just months ago.
    01-03-12 09:07 AM
    The RIM Playbook.

The Avro Arrow of the tablet world.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-03-12 09:14 AM
    You might want to be careful with that mentality. People said the same thing when RIM was at $35, $36. In fact, a lot of people shared your viewpoint, and now they have half the money they invested just months ago.
    You know, I bought 300 shares of Apple in 1997 for about $1500.00, and another 700 shares in Dec of 2003 for about $7000.00. Everybody I knew thought I had completely lost my mind, and some thought I was a "Baker Act" case (I was living in Florida at the time). Do you see where I'm going with this? I'm in it for the long haul, not short term instant gratification/enrichment. I am as confident in RIMM now as I was back then in my wild and crazy Apple stock spending sprees.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-03-12 09:38 AM
    I'm a gambling man - what I make from RIM by buying today will make me a high roller in Vegas. Time to double down.
    Nothing ventured nothing gained.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-03-12 at 09:51 AM.
    01-03-12 09:40 AM

These activities look like a company floundering to investors, not a company with a smart transition plan. So the stock markets think they are in trouble because the old model they used so successfully is no longer viable. RIM knows what it is doing but does not want to announce it to their competitors.
    Also explains why they turned down the Amazon offer. Probably laughed in their face - what really is the long term plan is anyone's guess.
    01-03-12 09:43 AM
    You know, I bought 300 shares of Apple in 1997 for about $1500.00, and another 700 shares in Dec of 2003 for about $7000.00.
    I know, you have mentioned it 4 or 5 times in your posts.

Everybody I knew thought I had completely lost my mind, and some thought I was a "Baker Act" case (I was living in Florida at the time). Do you see where I'm going with this? I'm in it for the long haul, not short term instant gratification/enrichment. I am as confident in RIMM now as I was back then in my wild and crazy Apple stock spending sprees.
    Saying a company can't go down any further shows how lucky you must have been to purchase that Apple stock.
    01-03-12 09:52 AM
    You know, I bought 300 shares of Apple in 1997 for about $1500.00, and another 700 shares in Dec of 2003 for about $7000.00. Everybody I knew thought I had completely lost my mind, and some thought I was a "Baker Act" case (I was living in Florida at the time). Do you see where I'm going with this? I'm in it for the long haul, not short term instant gratification/enrichment. I am as confident in RIMM now as I was back then in my wild and crazy Apple stock spending sprees.
    Yeah, and I once read about a skydiver whose chute failed to open, yet somehow he survived the fall (the trees helped). By your logic of "it worked before, so it will work again," he should just skip the parachute from now on and count on there always being a well-placed tree. Good luck with that.

But let's ask the right question: if you bought those shares in 1997, you were betting on the new CEO, not the old one; in RIMM's case, the new CEOs are the same as the old ones. It's not the same.
    01-03-12 09:59 AM
    Yeah, and I once read about a skydiver whose chute failed to open, yet somehow he survived the fall (the trees helped). By your logic of "it worked before, so it will work again," he should just skip the parachute from now on and count on there always being a well-placed tree. Good luck with that.

But let's ask the right question: if you bought those shares in 1997, you were betting on the new CEO, not the old one; in RIMM's case, the new CEOs are the same as the old ones. It's not the same.
    Exactly, and I'm betting on a new CEO for RIMM this year. If RIMM totally disappears from the face of the earth, I really haven't lost that much (from my perspective)...a RIMM loss will just reduce my capital gains tax, and maybe just hurt my feelings for being a "fanboi."
    01-03-12 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD