https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...7L6ARDJ20WW%27

Extend short term confidentiality

Extention to Short-term confidentiality (STC) request regarding application for Certification of FCC ID: L6ARDJ20WW

Pursuant to DA 04-1705 of the commission's public notice, we request short-term confidential treatment for the following information until 2011/4/19 in order to ensure sensitive business information remains confidential until the actual marketing of the device:

External photos
    Test Setup photos
    User's manual
    Internal photos
    Dang it......
    Last edited by dsquared2; 03-30-11 at 09:58 PM.
    03-30-11 09:52 PM
    Maybe this means they want everyone to pay attention to their soon to come marketing blitz?

Ha I really hope they release some kind of advertising campaign......I'm sick of telling ppl about it and have them say what's a playbook.....an ipad?

Its amazing what a little television ad displaying some cool features can do for sales.....I would never buy an ipad or iphone but I give them credit they sure know how to market the **** out of their products.
    03-30-11 10:10 PM
    Maybe this means they want everyone to pay attention to their soon to come marketing blitz?

Ha I really hope they release some kind of advertising campaign......I'm sick of telling ppl about it and have them say what's a playbook.....an ipad?

Its amazing what a little television ad displaying some cool features can do for sales.....I would never buy an ipad or iphone but I give them credit they sure know how to market the **** out of their products.
    Unfortunately, RIM hasn't ever really understood the idea of good marketing. All their BB ads to date haven't really made people want to go out and buy a BB. This isn't good and they need to change that. Waiting until the supposed day of release to put info into public hands won't work magic for sales. It's like putting up a sign for a yard sale on the morning of.... it just won't grab as much traffic as it would have a day or so in advance. For RIM, they need at least a week or two of some media blitz. Not so short that no one knows about it and not so long as people will get tired of waiting for it.
    03-31-11 12:40 AM
    https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...7L6ARDJ20WW%27

Extend short term confidentiality

Dang it......
    CRAP!
    03-31-11 06:15 AM
    Maybe they will show something so amazing they want to keep it a secret so it causes the competition to burst into flames. I don't know just thinking and hoping.
    03-31-11 06:20 AM
    maybe they will show something so amazing they want to keep it a secret so it causes the competition to burst into flames. I don't know just thinking and hoping.
    lol right...
    03-31-11 06:22 AM
    With the iPad 2 out and the Xoom releasing in Canada April 15th RIM needs to let more out of the bag. Even I'm starting to think about the Xoom at this point...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 06:24 AM
    With the iPad 2 out and the Xoom releasing in Canada April 15th RIM needs to let more out of the bag. Even I'm starting to think about the Xoom at this point...

Really you won't wait 4 days after the Xoom.
    03-31-11 07:06 AM
    Unfortunately, RIM hasn't ever really understood the idea of good marketing. All their BB ads to date haven't really made people want to go out and buy a BB. This isn't good and they need to change that. Waiting until the supposed day of release to put info into public hands won't work magic for sales. It's like putting up a sign for a yard sale on the morning of.... it just won't grab as much traffic as it would have a day or so in advance. For RIM, they need at least a week or two of some media blitz. Not so short that no one knows about it and not so long as people will get tired of waiting for it.
    Hey I totally agree with you here. I love that theyve chosen to sell the playbook through many channels...i think this will create a few more sales. I think they still have some time here to release a strong ad campaign....we are just over a couple weeks away from a release. Obviously the diehards like myself who creep tech blogs will know as much as we need to know to buy the playbook. If they wantthe average joe buying their product who will just walk into a store and makes a snap decision....they need to atleast familiarize this consumer with the playbooks capabilities. Some may argue that theyre just focusing on seeding themselves in the business market....thats cool....but i feel like they have enough cash on hand to deliver some kind of consumer marketing plan. I think the ROI would totally rock

03-31-11 07:51 AM
    I agree 100%. That's good reason to believe that RIM doesn't want its thunder stolen but those fools shouls have already been doing it themselves now.

03-31-11 08:30 AM
    Really you won't wait 4 days after the Xoom.
    It has nothing to do with the wait. Been waiting since September, 4 days isn't a deal breaker. The consideration of the Xoom is based on the lack of secrecy surrounding it. It's far easier to find solid info on it. Everything I can find out about the Xoom isn't rumour and speculation.

At this point I have a pre-order in for the PB and that will stand. When I say I am considering the Xoom, that is a back up if you will, in case the PB does not live up to all the hype among those that actually know the thing exists. I don't feel an iPad2 would work for me, but the Xoom MAY, if the PB falls short. Time (which we all seem to have in spades waiting for this thing) will tell.
    03-31-11 08:30 AM
    I thought the Torch ad campaign was a good one.

03-31-11 08:34 AM
    Whats a Torch?
    03-31-11 08:56 AM
    Whats a Torch?
    It's what the villagers wield as they chase the monster through the countryside
    03-31-11 09:30 AM
    It's what the villagers wield as they chase the monster through the countryside
    ....or RIM ceo's, one or the other.

03-31-11 09:33 AM
    ....or RIM ceo's, one or the other.

I vote for both!
    03-31-11 11:00 AM
    The Yard sale analogy just doesn't quite work here, but nice try. A yard sale is a one day event, the PlayBook will be onsale for a year or more.

RIM doesn't care that much about day 1 sales.
    03-31-11 11:34 AM
    The Yard sale analogy just doesn't quite work here, but nice try. A yard sale is a one day event, the PlayBook will be onsale for a year or more.

RIM doesn't care that much about day 1 sales.
    I dont know, if RIM continues down the same unsucessful path, i guess they will end up having a yard sale.
    03-31-11 11:58 AM
    I dont know, if RIM continues down the same unsucessful path, i guess they will end up having a yard sale.
    I honestly believe they're gonna turn around with buying QNX, TAT, etc and outing BBOS and ushering in QNX/BBOS hybrid and QNX software to devices. If they had never bought QNX, they'd be screwed right now.
    03-31-11 12:39 PM
    I honestly believe they're gonna turn around with buying QNX, TAT, etc and outing BBOS and ushering in QNX/BBOS hybrid and QNX software to devices. If they had never bought QNX, they'd be screwed right now.
    Can you imagine this tablet on bbos?

For one, think of the battery pulls. Massive.

03-31-11 12:45 PM
    Can you imagine this tablet on bbos?

For one, think of the battery pulls. Massive.

LMFAO!!!! That would be crazy.
    03-31-11 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD