BlackBerry� Customer Support Center
    Canada: 1-877-644-8405
    USA: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico: 1-855-651-4936
    [email protected]
    yup! exactly the same email... I'm probably in the wrong place...

Thanks anyway...
    09-22-11 07:46 AM
    Figured I would post my recent expeirence.

I call tech support yesterday about the wifi issues i have been experiencing since launch and after being on the phone 36 minutes explaining all the steps i had taken to resolve the issues like purchasing a new router, and wiping the os through desktop manager multiple times and testing without installing any new apps, the gave me an rma with advance exchange.

I got off the phone at 11 am yesterday and my new playbook arrived today at 11am.

fantastic service.
    09-22-11 11:27 AM
    I'm so glad to read this. We have so many negative stories and negative postings aroun d here.
    09-22-11 11:50 AM
    I also have to add the experience i had with their support recently. The guy manage to give some immediate suggestions to me, even sent me a link to a troubleshootin page for my refenrence and offered to call me back the next day to see how if my problem was solved. I was so happy as it was such a smooth process. I also have to say this is my BEST experience with any support so far.
    09-22-11 07:06 PM
    Can't say I'm that satisfied.
    I had a similar problem: 3 stuck pixels appeared, sent the unit for repair......they DID NOT change the screen (same exact stuck pixels remained), and worse yet, there was severe backlight bleeding at the lower left hand corner of the screen when I got the unit back from repair.
    They did raise my power button though.

I sent out again, with a nicely typed note describing the problem, and a diagram indicating where the dead pixels are....hopefully they will get it right this time.
    09-23-11 03:07 AM
    a raised power button?
    i just got my playbook on monday, does this mean I have a previous gen playbook?
    09-23-11 05:40 PM
    a raised power button?
    i just got my playbook on monday, does this mean I have a previous gen playbook?
    I am not sure of that answer. I was surprised to find the button raised up when I first fired it up after fedex returned it. I should have paid more attention to the OS that was installed because it might have told me when this PB was made. When I turned it on it did update the OS to the newest version.
    09-24-11 08:03 AM
    I called through to RIM's tech support guys from the UK when I had a prob. They were really patient and didn't mind the fact that they were calling me on a SIP softphone to my UK PC which had a bit of satellite delay. Totally helpful and generally really nice!
    09-25-11 05:23 PM
    That happened to me too! My power button was raised when it came back.. That is how I knew it was a different one than I had sent out! It also didn't have the dead pixel!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 10:40 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    i also found RIM cs to exceed expectation when i contacted them first week the pb was out .... really outstanding imo...
    09-27-11 05:33 AM
    I have a 16gb Playbook since launch and love it. I just bought a new 64gb Playbook. It has a slight bulge in it's back as well as a couple of other problems. I called RIM Support yesterday around lunch and, after about 10 minutes with 1st level support, I was transferred to an RMA tech. I explained my problem and she told me that I could have an advanced RMA. Today, around lunch, FedEx showed up at my home and dropped off the new Playbook. Amazing! I ran a backup of the bulging one, booted the new one, updated, restored the backup from the first one, and I'm done. I packed the original one in their box, drove it to FedEx, and off it went.

Now, my only problem is that I can't tell the two apart anymore because they both lie flat.

On a side note, if it means anything, the 'bulging' Playbook downloaded a 33mb update and the new one downloaded a 92mb update. I assume the 33mb update was for a newer Playbook than a 92mb update. I wonder if this bulging that's also appeared as a problem in other threads, is related to a batch produced more recently than my 'new' one. Just a thought.
    09-28-11 12:17 AM
    Well, I am getting no satisfaction for a defective rapid charger. There is no way to contact rim on their official playbook ACCESSORIES. Playbook support only deals with stuff that was in the original package. So my rapid charger can get no support. I've been given an email address that is an auto-response saying to check their faq or their support forum for assistance.

I just filled out a survey which I'm sure will be ignored once they realize it deals with the accessory and not the pb, itself.

Fully frustrated.
    09-28-11 08:46 AM
    Is there no department for accessories support? No contact info on the packaging?
    Just go buy a new one and return the old one with the new package and receipt.

Louzer: the PB should have the GB wriiten on the top left.. To tell them apart!
    Otherwise you'll need 2 different cases maybe? !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 08:52 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD