This thread has been quite for a year, so is BB10 coming to PlayBook? any recent news?
    03-19-13 02:31 AM
    The BB10 will come to PlayBook unless BlackBerry officially withdraws its commitment. When? Later this year, (and again) unless, BlackBerry officially takes back its commitment...

Currently, Blackberry is unofficially withdrawing its commitment by just not giving confirmation on when the BB10 will definitely come to PlayBook...
    03-19-13 03:12 AM
    I can't imagine why BlackBerry would expend any resources to downscale BlackBerry 10 to a size that Wifi-only Playbooks can use when it is obvious that Wifi only Playbooks are now discontinued, legacy devices.

IF BlackBerry 10 comes to an existing PlayBook, I would bet the ranch it will only appear on the 4G LTE models. More likely, it will appear on new tablets some time in the future. More likely than that, based on TH's recent comments, it will never appear on a tablet, because BlackBerry is done with tablets.
    03-19-13 09:07 AM
    BBRY has stated it will come sometime this year - that gives them many months to fulfill that statement - until Dec31, 2013.

Anything else remains speculation. That they might not bring it to the pb - speculation. Only the Cellular versions - speculation. Full size - speculation. Reduced footprint - speculation. Dates from next week to next month - speculation. Any precise date - speculation.

My comments - speculation.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-19-13 09:12 AM
    That's a bit speculative

Posted via CB10
    seamonky and Barracuda7772 like this.
    03-19-13 04:55 PM
    Cool. After 2 years we don't even have a commitment that we will get the finalized OS that we should have had from the beginning.

Thank you RIM I love you. You're so friendly and reliable it makes feel so safe.
    03-20-13 06:10 AM
    Cool. After 2 years we don't even have a commitment that we will get the finalized OS that we should have had from the beginning.

Thank you RIM I love you. You're so friendly and reliable it makes feel so safe.
    Man, all this banging on about BB10, like it's some sort of Holy Grail gets on my tits a bit.
    What is it really that you think having BB10 on your PB will do to change your life? Apart from the (not overwhelming) increase in the number of potential apps available?

EDIT: (after calming down) Sorry, Bakamushi - this is nothing personal, you just happened to be the one millionth person that I read a post from moaning about the lack of BB10 for the Playbook, so this is not aimed specifically at you. My irritation with the whole thing remains though!
    03-20-13 06:16 AM
    TBH im not bothered either way any more if BB10 comes to playbook. OS2.1 is still getting new apps anyway and app count is definately up. So what it doesnt have skype. Stop the moaning, you got a PB as OS2 is a great system.
    03-20-13 06:38 AM
    Does it need bb10 to get skype or is there some android version of skype that can be sideloaded.

If it can't get skype in its current state, is there some equivalent one can use in the meantime to chat with non blackberry owners?
    03-23-13 03:20 PM
    Does it need bb10 to get skype or is there some android version of skype that can be sideloaded.

If it can't get skype in its current state, is there some equivalent one can use in the meantime to chat with non blackberry owners?
    You can actually log in to Skype on playbook thru imo.im

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 01:26 AM

The initial reason that we didn't get a finalized OS is because the BB10 was right behind the corner....
    ...After this much time passing the reason we won't get a finalized OS is because.
    ...Too much time has gone by & the Playbook can't even stream video from the Flixter site.
    03-24-13 02:16 AM
    You can actually log in to Skype on playbook thru imo.im

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, looked into imo.im and they say they collect info about you for their third party advertisers. I don't mind them supporting themselves but don't care to have my skype info used in that way.

I looked into faceflow, seems like it could be an alternative. Obviously they too want to support themselves via advertising but they seem a little smaller right now with less relationships. I don't know whether someone using blackberry faceflow would be able to chat with someone using the ios app or whether both would have to go to the website. Certainly skype leaving itself open to competition, in the fact that it is not supporting Blackberry currently.
    03-24-13 06:56 AM
    I understand that BlackBerry will have to create a modified version as the full version requires more ram than available on current model.

I hope that they do give us the option to enjoy this software update on the PlayBook
    03-24-13 07:35 AM
    I just want a BB10 beta to try on my PB already. I can't get a BB10 phone yet so give us something!
    03-24-13 07:45 AM
    Thanks, looked into imo.im and they say they collect info about you for their third party advertisers. I don't mind them supporting themselves but don't care to have my skype info used in that way.

I looked into faceflow, seems like it could be an alternative. Obviously they too want to support themselves via advertising but they seem a little smaller right now with less relationships. I don't know whether someone using blackberry faceflow would be able to chat with someone using the ios app or whether both would have to go to the website. Certainly skype leaving itself open to competition, in the fact that it is not supporting Blackberry currently.
    Is the faceflow dev done with the iOS app yet? If not I don't think iOS supports flash or maybe there is an alternative browser that does. I don't use apple products. But anything that supports flash can use it in the browser.
    03-24-13 07:47 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD