Is RIM is expecting their millions of users to check crackberry for leaks, learn how to use BBSAK and search for vendor.xml in windows ? RIM thinks we have a syitload of time to downgrade and upgrade all the time. Meh.

They really need to get their priorities right and stop playing copycat with Apple and Google. When will they come to terms that consumers will prefer an iPad over the Playbook? If they are thinking about taking a teenie weenie share off the tablet market then fine, but i hope they don't think they will ever surpass iPad in tablet sales...not even 5%. You championed the business sector with your phones so stick to what you do best and focus there. Just my 0.02!
    12-21-10 11:31 AM
    Is RIM is expecting their millions of users to check crackberry for leaks, learn how to use BBSAK and search for vendor.xml in windows ? RIM thinks we have a syitload of time to downgrade and upgrade all the time. Meh.

They really need to get their priorities right and stop playing copycat with Apple and Google. When will they come to terms that consumers will prefer an iPad over the Playbook? If they are thinking about taking a teenie weenie share off the tablet market then fine, but i hope they don't think they will ever surpass iPad in tablet sales...not even 5%. You championed the business sector with your phones so stick to what you do best and focus there. Just my 0.02!
    The problem with that strategery is that apple, android and MS are going to be coming hard for the enterprize business. Real growth is in the consumer market, and RIM needs to compete with some other very capable devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 10:57 AM
    I like how he talks about the "leap frog effect". He makes it sound like RIM had no clue technology was going to progress. The HD2 was out long before the Torch. GPUs were in devices long before 1GHz was the standard. Then Mike completely ignores the guy from PCMag when he says he does notice the lag, after Mike went on and on about how quick the Torch responds.

How long did AT&T and RIM work together to bring to Torch to the market again? LOL
    12-22-10 12:43 PM

but even the business market is tenuous. most IT dept are planning on letting employees bring their own phone. IT is now searching for ways to integrate the phones people want to use and tablets will be no different. ipad is the defacto tablet standard now. rimm is the upstart. they had better bring on the "wow" factor. moto seems pretty confident about it's new tab. HP has one coming. And msft is starting to make waves on ARM.
    12-22-10 03:27 PM
    but even the business market is tenuous. most IT dept are planning on letting employees bring their own phone. IT is now searching for ways to integrate the phones people want to use and tablets will be no different. ipad is the defacto tablet standard now. rimm is the upstart. they had better bring on the "wow" factor. moto seems pretty confident about it's new tab. HP has one coming. And msft is starting to make waves on ARM.
    the iPad is only the `defacto` tablet, due to being the first (well, the first this time round) and therefore gaining marketshare. but like everything in life, when worthy competition comes along thats when it gets interesting. just look at the car market. someone was first, but now theres room for loads of makers.

personally i want to see the iPad do well, why? well it`ll drive competition in the same way we`ve seen with smartphones over the last few years, which can be no bad thing.

one thing which RIM have as (to me) a major advantage, is starting from a `clean slate` (no pun intended) as its a brand new OS, brand new hardware and a new market for them. others are trying to utilise their phone OS in the tablets (some with more success than others) and i think thats where RIM have the potential to really shine.

to demonstrate how tablets shouldnt be done, check out android centrals video, one of the (if not the) first tegra2 tablets. check out the UI speed, then ask if first is always best lol

12-22-10 04:47 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD