I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I just came from RIM Canada's website and noticed their tablet page has been updated with a lot of new info on the playbook with relation to some of the newest apps and mentioning coming features in 2.0.
    All I remember around Christmas was a single page with little info.

More info and advertising of the PB and CES coming up, it seems like they are putting a lot into marketing the playbook if they just plan on dumping it, which I don't think is the case.

As some have stated before, if you look at the cost of advertising or the cost of slashing PB prices, which would put more playbooks in peoples hands? RIM would have to spend a lot on advertising for me to spend $600 on a tablet. Take $300 off and they have a sale, simple as that. It's a great piece of hardware.

Door #1: pay top dollar to get devs working on apps, or Door #2: flood the market enough with playbooks to make it worth their while.
    Who knows what's going on inside the boiler room, all I know is it still appears positive to me.
    stevepar and bbfan1040 like this.
    01-07-12 12:24 AM
    I agree here. RIM has a solid piece of hardware and software build here. They just didn't marketed it right. Slashing sales price will reach out to more people and let them know that they got a great product instead of spending millions and millions of dollars that doesn't move inventory at all.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-07-12 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD