06-11-12 01:27 AM
58 123
tools
    Yes. It's been suggested many times that there are several file management apps that can create folders and folders can also be created through the mapped network drive when the Playbook is connected to your PC.
    The OP isn't having a problem with creating folders in general. It's creating folders on the fly. The same way you can on your computer when you save a file. Also retrieving files from selected folders rather than seeing every file on the Playbook when you browse.
    As far as I know there is no work around for that.
    The horse you are beating has been dead for a long time

Some people think everything is just fine and we should just accept it or use work around to accomplish basic tasks that every other rim product can do with ease. My work around? I do everything with my 9850 instead. I still think it's funny the pb file manager recognizes folders on my phone through bridge but not on the pb itself...
    06-10-12 01:21 PM
    All I can say, I have organized all my videos, photos, Word and other files with folder structure in DM and with the paid app Files & Folders, I can easily find any file I want. The search function in F&F has so far find all my searches for a file.
    So unless some of the smartarses in this forum can suggest something better or prove me wrong, they can keep their mouths shut.
    As for big pdf files not keeping bookmark within Adobe, I have no solution for that. That's a bug - or is it a flaw?
    Whatever 3rd party app you use to manage your files... doesn't change the fact that the PB makes use of a flat file system... the app just give you an illusion of a hierarchical filing system in just the same way the native file manager does.

My 64gig PB was purchased at release for an arm and a leg as a pro tool... make me laugh now.

This is the kinda thing you don't research when making a pro grade tablet purchase... you expect a manageable filing system... Don't you?

Some weekends I will snap 7000 photos. Editing them down for previews, I don't have time to name files... I want a folder structure... photos from this event on such a date... and then attach emails from said system...

Presenting me with 1000's of photos to attach to an email... well that shows why RIM should no longer be in this game or at least why their share price reflects this.

So... to the point... smart asses? You're confusing us - I consider myself to be a normal person, with pro desires of his PB but in fact owns a tool pretending to be professional and designed by unimaginative short-sited halfwits!

Don't get me started on VOIP or PDF's... at least it has a spell check now... I guess.
    06-10-12 05:17 PM
    The horse you are beating has been dead for a long time

Some people think everything is just fine and we should just accept it or use work around to accomplish basic tasks that every other rim product can do with ease. My work around? I do everything with my 9850 instead. I still think it's funny the pb file manager recognizes folders on my phone through bridge but not on the pb itself...
    Same here, noticed that before I change my phone to Nokia (yes it was a dig at RIM)

The phone uses a hierarchical system, the PB a flat File System.
    06-10-12 05:19 PM
    I bought my playbook this very afternoon just to read that RIM has replicated what I hated the most about iOS and main reason why I went back to BB
    06-10-12 05:45 PM
    I wish file and folders had an open with option, I purchased my playbook expressly for reading pdf's, right now I have the minimum on and that's 200 plus, I rely heavily on my directory structure to find what I want, personal I can't remember the names of all of them, Adobe is out of the question, the kindest thing I can say about that app is that I can only hope it was designed by demented child and not a so called pro, I purchased Pdf Reader which I'm quit happy with, but no file browser in it just shows a full list of pdf's, thats not practical for me, so for now back to repligo, and hope for better file browsing in the future.
    I don't know if this is a practical dream or not, but boy wouldn't it be nice as the owner of the device to choose which app opens a particular file type, or would that make things just to dam easy.
    06-10-12 07:55 PM
    So... to the point... smart asses? You're confusing us - I consider myself to be a normal person, with pro desires of his PB but in fact owns a tool pretending to be professional and designed by unimaginative short-sited halfwits!
    Very happy to hear you are normal.
    My direction are at some of the posters who didn't try to help the OP and can only make sarcastic comments to some workarounds or suggestions which others posts (even though the workaround is not be best option or solve the problem).
    06-10-12 08:32 PM
    I wish file and folders had an open with option, I purchased my playbook expressly for reading pdf's, right now I have the minimum on and that's 200 plus, I rely heavily on my directory structure to find what I want, personal I can't remember the names of all of them, Adobe is out of the question, the kindest thing I can say about that app is that I can only hope it was designed by demented child and not a so called pro, I purchased Pdf Reader which I'm quit happy with, but no file browser in it just shows a full list of pdf's, thats not practical for me, so for now back to repligo, and hope for better file browsing in the future.
    I don't know if this is a practical dream or not, but boy wouldn't it be nice as the owner of the device to choose which app opens a particular file type, or would that make things just to dam easy.
    Just wait until you load it up with a lot of files and see how snappy it performs

I currently have 16161 files on my 64gigger, it crawls when opening anything now. Sucks that I still have 20gb free. My work around for now is to leave my 64 at home and carry my empty 16gb with me. I bought a 32gb sd card for my 9850, copied my file structure from my pc, and only use the pb for "open on". Slight lag with opening files over bluetooth but much less than open the native apps on the pb.

At this point, I'd pay someone to figure out how to load bb7 on my pb
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    06-10-12 09:38 PM
    As I stated in an earlier post, in fact, there are a number android ported file browsers that do precisely that, namely give you an option as to which app to open a file with. The main limitation is that the options you'll get are between the native default app and any android apps that you've installed that can open the particular file. In the following screenshots, "complete action with" means open with, the first pic is to open a PDF, the second is to open an mp3.
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    06-11-12 01:27 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD