I continually and always have.. had to load most android apps twice before they will work. Usually just goes to a black screen. Is this normal for you guys? I am talking about mostly side loaded apps here. Also i have the HCL should i ditch it? Sometimes its cool to look androidy but i know i cant really do much in there.

Thanks,
    Jon
    07-18-12 12:36 PM
    My sideloaded apps usually launch on the first try. granted i am using the 2.1 dev beta. and yea the HCL can be garbaged not needed in the lease you may want to look at a security wipe to get things up and running properly
    07-18-12 01:20 PM
    Hi,

I have never had any issues side-loading anything. All of mine, which granted is not many, have fired up first time be it on 2.0 or 2.1B.

That is weird
    07-18-12 01:27 PM
    ( i dont know if last post worked, so here's another)

In my case, the ones who work, do it at the first try. The ones who dont, i see a pop up thats reads that the app has caught an expection and is beeing terminated.

This happens with almost every app, so don't be sad ^^

I really don't know if i'm only unlucky or i just don't know where to get the apps. Help please?

And, what's HCG?

Pedro

Sent from a beautiful but old BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    07-18-12 01:36 PM
    Hi guys thanks for the replies. @ Pedro HCL is the honey comb launcher which i sideloaded. If thats a new notion check out the forums regarding side loading android apps. To the rest it is wierd, i am running 2.1 but it was the same with 2.0. Now i have had the HCL launcher that other one ADW launcher (that one never really worked), most of the times the 2nd launch works. The times i get "uncaught exceptions" i usually chaulk it up to deleting the app and trying it again one a new bar file version is released. I usually in general just put up with launching 2 times to get at what i want. Also lately i noticed that i get black screens on the apps and i close and relaunch. So what exactly am i going to be looking at with a security wipe? Should i backup the PB first and/or do this at work where i have decent interenet?

thanks,
    Jon
    07-18-12 01:43 PM
    Having a sideloaded launcher may be (part of) the problem. It's possible the PB is getting confused and that's causing issues. Before trying a security wipe, I'd advise getting rid of HCL, ADW and any other launchers you have sideloaded.

As for a security wipe, yes, you'd have to backup your PB first, it wipes everything on it (any files, apps etc.) except the OS. You don't need internet, as the OS is left intact, so no downloads need to take place, just restoring the backup (depending on how much you have on your PB, making and restoring the backup can take a long time). But as I said, try deleting your sideloaded launchers (and then restart the PB once they're all gone) and see if that helps at all before trying a security wipe.

EDIT: BTW, I am on 2.1 beta with no such issues. I do very occasionally have similar issues, but they are rare.
    Last edited by SifJar; 07-18-12 at 03:49 PM.
    ronelectronic likes this.
    07-18-12 02:51 PM
    Still on NORMAL OS2. I don't see that problem. I use a few Android apps daily and some additional ones here and there. I do get the "force" close more often than I'd like but it clears easily. I have a Kerm Ed app to force the Android Player to close and that helps when necessary.
    07-18-12 03:17 PM
    Tks

That really is a new topic for me

Maybe the you(we) sideload arent the good ones.

In my case i was lucky(but only in this situation), because the one app that i wanted the most worked.

Still need a good GPS though, and some arcade games, but thats not restrictive...

Wipe it(with a backup of course) when the final 2.1 comes

Pedro

Sent from a beautiful but old BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    07-18-12 03:37 PM
    Still on NORMAL OS2. I don't see that problem. I use a few Android apps daily and some additional ones here and there. I do get the "force" close more often than I'd like but it clears easily. I have a Kerm Ed app to force the Android Player to close and that helps when necessary.
    What's the name of that app? I could use that
    07-19-12 02:35 AM
    What's the name of that app? I could use that
    I don't think the latest version is available publicly. You might ask in the app subforum - he did post an earlier BAR file in a thread over there. Someone else has a similar offering for sale.
    07-19-12 08:47 AM
    I don't think the latest version is available publicly. You might ask in the app subforum - he did post an earlier BAR file in a thread over there. Someone else has a similar offering for sale.
    I'll PM him about it. Kerm's cool, he was a big donor towards the PB in my hands right now, after that d-bag stole my 16gb.
    07-20-12 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD