Well, if we're gonna go that far, how about an additional customizable Left-Diagonal Swipe as well...
    02-14-12 03:00 PM
    That's a good thought, too. Valuable brainstorming sessions here at CB! So . . . maybe three uses per swipe/swipe area? Might be able to change coffee maker settings with that many choices.

Regarding swipe speed, I was thinking it would be in settings much the same way double-click speed is in Windows settings, or in BBOS6 (my Torch 9800) the Touchscreen Sensitivity settings (Tap Interval and Hover Period) and the Track pad Sensitivity settings (Horizontal and Vertical) : instead of numeric values, though, a mini-session to teach the device "my" definitions of fast swipe/slow swipe, then save and exit.
    Ah yes you were already thinking ahead of me on setting your own custom swiping speed didn't think of that but sounds good to me. I keep saying this but RIM, are you listening? We have a lot of good people over here with some kicking ideas
    Also if RIM gave us this user customization swipe, it could open this up to developers to include this into their apps somehow. I'd like to open up one of your swiping gestures into some kinda pop up for a virtual track pad in the lower right corner which has been mentioned in the past.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 02-14-12 at 03:23 PM.
    02-14-12 03:17 PM
    Don't get me started on swipe gestures. ever since I got this Playbook (few days ago) i'm trying to quit an app by swiping from bottom to top... on my iPhone... So simple it drives me crazy!!!
    I kept doing that yesterday, setting up an iPhone for a new user. I also try to use the Home Button as a trackpad....
    jonno_atamaniuk likes this.
    02-14-12 03:48 PM
    I've been hinting at this and been hoping one of the Playbook app developers in the support channels would take the bait and create a customizable gesture app with a few different options, two fingers, etc., before the free giveaway deadline, been trying to lobby these guys to produce the app since rooting has been possible.

The developer that created the most recent root tool stated that it would be a relatively easy app to produce, it's just that no one's taken the ball and run with it!
    Last edited by Carbonetics; 02-14-12 at 04:30 PM.
    02-14-12 04:16 PM
    Or to double the swipe gestures, use diagonal swipe towards the screen and a different function when you use diagonal swipe from screen to the edge...
    02-14-12 05:29 PM
    Or to double the swipe gestures, use diagonal swipe towards the screen and a different function when you use diagonal swipe from screen to the edge...
    I think that would get confused for a scroll gesture too often.
    02-14-12 05:53 PM
    Close the active application. I hate having to perform two actions to close the open/maximzed application. User definable would be a very close second.
    02-14-12 09:41 PM
    Which one swipe down from top right or swipe up from bottom right? Just CB lurking between update checks...
    02-14-12 10:33 PM
    Universal SEARCH! I really miss the ability to search across the entirety of my BlackBerry. I really miss being able to search emails or text on webpages! Although, this functionality may be better suited in combination with the left swipe?
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-14-12 10:42 PM
    It should be customizable, like the blank key you normally get on the side of a bb phone.
    Yup definitely the way to go! It's a good ideathat account actually has functionality!
    02-14-12 11:34 PM
    That would be awesome to give us at least one customizable gesture swipe from the bezel.
    02-15-12 12:10 AM
    I think it could be interesting if it toggled mouse cursor / touch mode. So it can turn the screen into a giant trackpad for those few times it's useful.
    02-15-12 12:28 AM
    Customized swipe is the way to go. If the 2.0 calendar is set up by the time like the current one then i would use it for my BBM MUSIC. You know when they actually put BBM Music on the playbook, ha. On my BB10 though would pull up a calendar.
    02-15-12 12:31 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD