That's what I have been saying all along, incompetent bungling idiots they are.
    i agree 100%. they over taxed the system with the whole android thing.
    QNX (old, very old versions i used) were extremely good and efficient. but thanks to this adding that adding android in vm mode or emu mode plus what not killed the scope of the functionality. but that video says it all. ultimate incompetent bungling + bogus idiots.
    what was easy is now impossible, thanks RIM blackberry.
    did you even see the video? it was one of the most boring technical videos i have ever seen. add this add that add whatnot object c, WTF!
    seriously WTF!
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-11-13 05:47 AM
    I doubt they ever did it. Or it was killed by someone higher up based on financial and blamed on technical difficulties. Either way I am quite convinced that it was possible and the fact that there is no update announced at all (even OS 2.2) makes me unhappy...

Posted via CB10
    management issue(s) and technical impotence which is directly linked to management incompetency and impotency and also technical incompetence! here you go for the perfect cocktail of magic failure.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-11-13 05:50 AM
    why don't you ask them about next update? i mean os 2.1 or 3.0,whatever. ask them please
    07-11-13 05:54 AM
    This is what Richard from Customer Support said when I told him that giving me a brand new PlayBook almost made up for them not bringing BB10 to PB as promised:
    "I would like to advise you that our developers did attempt to bring the BlackBerry 10 software to the PlayBook. They spent a great deal of time and energy to implement solutions that could move the BlackBerry 10 experience to the PlayBook. Unfortunately they were not satisfied with the level of performance and user experience achieved, and as a result, they made the difficult decision to stop these efforts and focus on our core hardware portfolio."

I'm not gonna respond, I'm gonna leave well enough alone, they just gave me a new PB so I'm happy for now.
    This is going to be the new copy paste response on any communication with the term 'PlayBook ' in it.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 05:55 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, Thorsten said that BBRY is still supporting the PlayBook, just not bringing BB10 to it...so I'm curious where some people got the assumption that they weren't releasing any future OS updates with enhancements like BBM, Jellybean Android player, BB10 app support, BB10 browser, etc. Does anyone know for sure that BB is done with the PB or is everyone just making doom and gloom assumptions?
    If it were coming wouldn?t BlackBerry just say "...but we will have an update coming with less features..." and control the damage.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 06:04 AM
    If it were coming wouldn?t BlackBerry just say "...but we will have an update coming with less features..." and control the damage.

Posted via CB10
    one liner hit the nail hard in the head! ;-)
    bravo!
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-11-13 06:18 AM
    This is what Richard from Customer Support said when I told him that giving me a brand new PlayBook almost made up for them not bringing BB10 to PB as promised:
    "I would like to advise you that our developers did attempt to bring the BlackBerry 10 software to the PlayBook. They spent a great deal of time and energy to implement solutions that could move the BlackBerry 10 experience to the PlayBook. Unfortunately they were not satisfied with the level of performance and user experience achieved, and as a result, they made the difficult decision to stop these efforts and focus on our core hardware portfolio."

I'm not gonna respond, I'm gonna leave well enough alone, they just gave me a new PB so I'm happy for now.
    Here ya go. A brand new pc of crap for you.

Nothing like being bought off.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-11-13 06:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Clearly the management team missed the damage control training provided to members of the Royal Canadian Navy. SS BlackBerry struck an iceberg and is taking on water. The next morning the CEO announces BlackBerry is heading in a new direction.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    07-11-13 06:57 AM
    Newer Android phones have 2-3 GB of RAM. As developers write new apps they will be taking advantage of the additional resources. The Playbook only has 1 GB of RAM total. I am not sure how much of that 1 GB can be dedicated to the Android player. I suspect as time goes on fewer and fewer Android apps will work on the Playbook.
    07-11-13 06:59 AM
    Just give me a working bridge for my Z-10 and my playbook and I would be more than satisfied.
    07-11-13 08:53 AM
35 12