Has anyone been able to reverse tether their PB with their computer through bluetooth?
    As in, use the computer's internet connection through a bluetooth dongle instead of wifi?
    08-10-12 10:57 AM
    I'm confused. How would this be a benefit?
    08-10-12 11:05 AM
    I'm confused. How would this be a benefit?
    If I'm understanding the OP correctly, it would mean that if you only have a wired internet connection for your computer, and no WiFi, you'd still be able to get online on your PB.

As an answer to the OP: I don't know if anyone has tried it, I know I certainly haven't. I could give it a go now though.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work for me. When I connect to my laptop via bluetooth, the PB says that there are no services available on the laptop (and the laptop says none are available on the PB), even though according to my bluetooth software, there are a bunch of services available. None of them seem to be internet sharing though.

Your mileage may vary, but I would advise instead trying something like this: http://www.connectify.me/ - it should work on most laptops by my understanding, and also on desktops if you add a USB WiFi adapter.
    Last edited by SifJar; 08-10-12 at 11:32 AM.
    08-10-12 11:25 AM
    I had a blackberry phone without wifi, it would've been nice to reverse tether so that the blackberry phone would use bluetooth-->playbook-->internet, rather than use my blackberry phone dataplan.
    08-10-12 11:46 AM
    Your mileage may vary, but I would advise instead trying something like this: Your Hotspot, Your Way - Connectify - it should work on most laptops by my understanding, and also on desktops if you add a USB WiFi adapter.
    Thanks for trying.
    I'll look into Connectifyme and maybe it can help me in my situation.
    08-10-12 12:01 PM
    If Reverse Tethering is possible with Blackberry then How. Plz give the details.
    11-17-13 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD