Yep...I did give it a fair shakedown. It's a great product thats just not quite there yet.

My issues I was having thats the deal breaker.

1) Blackberry Bridge issue- The app on my Phone had such a bad memory leak it crashed my phone in 15 min of use. Yes i do have a Storm first Gen but it is suposed to be compatable with the OS. This was the big deal breaker for me. Untill I upgrade my phone with a current product offering or they come out with a SIM version of the product I m just going to wait.

2) App support - Not that bad but it needs native apps for the basics. (Twitter, Email, ect.) Yes we all know that browser can be used for most but an app is cleaner and more functional on screens of this size. trying to get your fingers around some of the links in a browser is cumbersome.

So not a big list of things but until i get my new Bold Touch or Torch 2 I'm going to hold off. By itself it's just not enough to stand on it's own.
    06-13-11 01:18 PM
    I really like the concept of the Playbook. But, I am not gonna buy one soon because I don't have a BB device right now to use the bridge and the apps that I need are not there yet (Netflix etc.). I will see til the end of this summer to decide getting the Playbook or the Samsung G 10.1 Tab
    06-13-11 01:29 PM
    Meh.

I have an iphone 4 (horrible horrible for making calls).

And there is no way you could rip the playbook out of my hands.. Its rocks at web browsing which i use it mostly for now..

I must admit i'm supprised i never ever pick up my ipad anymore.. Not since launch.. Except when my playbook battery was dead... It was way to huge and i put it back down after 5 minutes.

Poor thing. it must be lonely.
    06-13-11 01:36 PM
    Yep...I did give it a fair shakedown. It's a great product thats just not quite there yet.

1) Blackberry Bridge issue- The app on my Phone had such a bad memory leak it crashed my phone in 15 min of use. Yes i do have a Storm first Gen but it is suposed to be compatable with the OS. This was the big deal breaker for me. Untill I upgrade my phone with a current product offering or they come out with a SIM version of the product I m just going to wait.

2) App support - Not that bad but it needs native apps for the basics. (Twitter, Email, ect.) Yes we all know that browser can be used for most but an app is cleaner and more functional on screens of this size. trying to get your fingers around some of the links in a browser is cumbersome.

So not a big list of things but until i get my new Bold Touch or Torch 2 I'm going to hold off. By itself it's just not enough to stand on it's own.
    1) I had a problem with my Storm 2 where there was corrupted file that didn't work with 0.1015. This peeved me off to no end, but I found the file in my address book. I did a wipe of my phone and synched my phone after I had deleted the corrrupt contact from my outlook. No more "uncaught exception" error and the bridge works perfectly.

2) everyone that buys a PB knowing that it doesn't haven't native PIM shouldn't be allowed to complain about the PB not having native PIM.
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-13-11 at 02:12 PM. Reason: language
    06-13-11 01:38 PM

Also using the 9530. Re-installed os5, updated to the latest bridge andt am running the Storm fairly lean because of the memory problem.

But the Bridge works pretty decent and the old Storm should suffice till the new Monaco/Storm3/Torch2/Touch2/Whatever comes out.
    06-13-11 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD