I'm surprised only AT&T pulled the "Bridge is tethering" approach.
    I agree, it's always puzzled me why the other carriers didn't follow AT&T's lead. Money is money, after all. Maybe the others saw the writing on RIM's wall and felt no need to beat a dying horse.

Data used is data used, whether that's Youtube on my phone or Youtube on a tablet shouldn't matter.
    That is true only for metered plans, not so with unlimited plans. With the PB I use a lot more data (~4GB/mo) than I did just using the BB (~1GB). The YouTube experience is much nicer on the PB, for example, so that encourages me to use it more.
    Last edited by dugggggg; 10-23-12 at 07:24 PM.
    10-23-12 07:07 PM
    I pay 20€ a month for data flat (3G speeds until 300mb is gone, full tethering or mobile hotspot included, 1GB would be 5€ extra i think), texting flat, landline flat, same carrier flat and one other carrier of my choice flat.. no phone included.
    That's about US$25 which sounds like a good deal---but we overconsumptive Americans simply could not accept 1X speeds after the first 300MB! In fact many of us now think even 3G is too slow.
    Sonic-NKT likes this.
    10-23-12 07:20 PM
    well i guess it really depends on what you do, in a normal month i have wifi arround me all the time (work, university, home or even friends). I use my mobile data when im out, traveling from point a to b or stuff like that. 3G is more than enough for this and what im doing on my phone and when i know im out of town and on the move for several days/weeks i pay a bit more for more data.

LTE sounds like a nice thing but i cant see me needing that kind of speeds in the near future, atleast if i keep my cable internet connection at home which is way cheaper and still faster than any real speed they ever reached on real life tests with lte in my area.
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 10-23-12 at 07:55 PM.
    10-23-12 07:29 PM
    well i guess it really depends on what you do, in a normal month i have wifi arround me all the time.
    Most Americans also have WiFi at home and work, but I do not. I am retired, so I no longer work, and I live in a recreational vehicle, so I have no land lines for phone or internet. So virtually 100% of my internet usage is through my BlackBerry 9370 and bridged PlayBook. To get OS 2.1 on my PB, I actually had to drive to McDonald's to use their public WiFi.
    kdeckels likes this.
    10-23-12 07:41 PM
    for that 150 apps, how many does apple have and how many does PB have?
    10-23-12 09:57 PM
    For me, the PlayBook is just as good as an iPad. Why spend $300 more on something that does the same thing? (multi-tasking and USB media drive connectivity are bonuses on PB)

A lot of people say that the App Store is so much better. My question is, please tell me an app that you use every week on an iPad that I can't find an equivalent solution for on PB? I don't even use Skype every week, and I've got an iTouch for that.
    bloomberg
    10-23-12 10:01 PM
    I am editing my post as it seems to be annoying people, I was not having "a rant".
    Never apologize for having an opinion, Apple fans boys don't then why should you.
    10-23-12 10:03 PM
    I sold my iPad3 for more than I paid for it one week after I got it, about a month after launch date.
    10-23-12 10:08 PM

A lot of people say that the App Store is so much better. My question is, please tell me an app that you use every week on an iPad that I can't find an equivalent solution for on PB? I don't even use Skype every week, and I've got an iTouch for that.
    Chart tool(stock market app use daily) google drive, nook, kindle, spotify, quick charts(stock market) instapaper, twitter, amazon video, bloombergtv, yahoo fantasy football, flipboard, mlbtv, nba game time, mint. That's off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-23-12 10:20 PM
    I wish I could return my PB
    10-24-12 03:34 AM
    Chart tool(stock market app use daily) google drive, nook, kindle, spotify, quick charts(stock market) instapaper, twitter, amazon video, bloombergtv, yahoo fantasy football, flipboard, mlbtv, nba game time, mint. That's off the top of my head.

I guess I don't find anything in your list that I miss on PB:
    stocks : browser
    google drive : other cloud services available through files and folders app
    nook : I use kindle and overdrive
    kindle : browser and sideloaded
    instapaper : there are 'read it later' apps, although I prefer getting my news through the News feed on my BB
    twitter : blaq does a great job here, although I prefer to tweet from my BB
    amazon video : yes, for media consumption Apple rules (hence the 'iToy' moniker) - but I try to keep my media consumption down, as I find it's mostly a time-waster
    bloombergtv : plenty of financial media tv streams (including this one) through the PB browser
    yahoo fantasy football : yeah, i see there's a big market demand here, but i'm not part of it. again, if I felt like I wanted this, the browser would do it for me.
    flipboard : media consumption - again, yes Apple is great here. but certainly not something I miss.
    mlbtv : yeah, I guess you watch a lot of TV
    NBA game time : more TV
    mint : browser, a couple of good personal finance apps on PB, I just use a spreadsheet

So if I were to spend another $300, it would be because there's something I really had to have that I couldn't get already on the PB. The extra screen size of an iPad would be nice for reading manuals sometimes, but then again carrying that size around seems to be a pain (although I've never tried it yet). Overall, the I still find the iPad enables a bit more easy TV content, but that's not for me. There's nothing on your list that makes me slap my head and say "WOW, they have that in the App Store?! That's amazing!!! I really wish my PB could do that." Again, I do own an iTouch, but it doesn't get much use.
    10-24-12 08:49 AM
    I guess I don't find anything in your list that I miss on PB:
    stocks : browser
    google drive : other cloud services available through files and folders app
    nook : I use kindle and overdrive
    kindle : browser and sideloaded
    instapaper : there are 'read it later' apps, although I prefer getting my news through the News feed on my BB
    twitter : blaq does a great job here, although I prefer to tweet from my BB
    amazon video : yes, for media consumption Apple rules (hence the 'iToy' moniker) - but I try to keep my media consumption down, as I find it's mostly a time-waster
    bloombergtv : plenty of financial media tv streams (including this one) through the PB browser
    yahoo fantasy football : yeah, i see there's a big market demand here, but i'm not part of it. again, if I felt like I wanted this, the browser would do it for me.
    flipboard : media consumption - again, yes Apple is great here. but certainly not something I miss.
    mlbtv : yeah, I guess you watch a lot of TV
    NBA game time : more TV
    mint : browser, a couple of good personal finance apps on PB, I just use a spreadsheet

So if I were to spend another $300, it would be because there's something I really had to have that I couldn't get already on the PB. The extra screen size of an iPad would be nice for reading manuals sometimes, but then again carrying that size around seems to be a pain (although I've never tried it yet). Overall, the I still find the iPad enables a bit more easy TV content, but that's not for me. There's nothing on your list that makes me slap my head and say "WOW, they have that in the App Store?! That's amazing!!! I really wish my PB could do that." Again, I do own an iTouch, but it doesn't get much use.
    Understandable. I was just pointing out things that I can't do on the playbook.

10-24-12 05:10 PM

Chart tool is something I would enjoy on PB - I do use browser though.

10-24-12 07:13 PM
63 123