hi all.i just returned from my local futureshop store where a freind of mine works.i noticed quite a few open box playbooks so i asked him about them.he said they sold like hotcakes on boxing day but many were returned early in the new year.they had literraly at least 20 there.he offered me one for 100$ so i took it.full warranty on open box ones also.i will prob give it as a gift later on.so if anyone looking for a deal go visit your local futureshop or bestbuy dont be afraid to offer on them.i did on both i have i got first one for 150 and this one for 100.
    01-10-12 12:28 AM
    hi all.i just returned from my local futureshop store where a freind of mine works.i noticed quite a few open box playbooks so i asked him about them.he said they sold like hotcakes on boxing day but many were returned early in the new year.they had literraly at least 20 there.he offered me one for 100$ so i took it.full warranty on open box ones also.i will prob give it as a gift later on.so if anyone looking for a deal go visit your local futureshop or bestbuy dont be afraid to offer on them.i did on both i have i got first one for 150 and this one for 100.
    Is this in Canada or the USA?
    01-10-12 12:38 AM
    Is this in Canada or the USA?
    It's in Canada.
    01-10-12 12:39 AM
    I saw that to, I suspect there were a number of returns this week when the 64gb went on sale.
    01-10-12 12:40 AM
    Thanks. Cool I will check it out tomorrow. I can use a couple of developer test units.
    01-10-12 01:07 AM
    It varies by store manager,
    here they have a bunch of 16GB returns but the price is $193.

I've gave him the store details (St Albert, AB) that was selling open box for $149
    and he said they do not price match on open box.

Post your store if you have any luck...
    01-10-12 07:33 AM
    sorry.yes in canada.im in the okanagan valley in bc.my freind states yes its up to the msnager but on open box they are quite flexible as thhey want them gone.looks bad for sales with a stack of returned goods beside it.he also had some returned zoom tabs but wasnt as flexible with them.
    01-10-12 08:10 AM
    i see a few redflagdeals peeps here. makes me want to recruit a cb crew to head over there and beat up on the BB haters... So much misinformation being passed as fact
    01-10-12 09:08 AM
    Well that store must be the only one doing it. I went to a couple and all they were offering was a couple bucks off of the curent pricing. I laughed at them. They sold them for $200 got them back and now want $90 more for them. What a joke.
    01-10-12 10:30 AM
    Got my open box 16GB Playbook for $194.99 CDN when they were selling them for $199.99 CDN at Futureshop downtown Vancouver location.

I tried to get a better discount but they wouldn't move. Salesperson said their store policy on the PB was to offer to extend the warranty by another year, however these guys always push extended warranties on everything.

Unit looked completely new, charger bag not even opened.

Loving my Playbook, hoping for great surprises with OS2.0.
    01-10-12 11:35 AM
    definitely depends on the store. They had one for 149 at my local Futureshop as recently as yesterday. I was there the day the manager dropped them to 149 because they had 6 on the table and he wanted them to disappear.
    01-10-12 11:35 AM
    I went to 3 Future Shop and 2 Best Buy in the Mtl area and I could not find an open box under 194.00.

I'm guessing the OP had some luck with the 100.00$ price tag.
    Last edited by pipotobe; 01-12-12 at 09:10 PM. Reason: can't type properly today :)
    01-10-12 06:37 PM
    One thing I did notice today is both Bestbuy and Future Shop had sold almost all the 64GB units, a few days ago they had lots but it looks like the $299 price has been successful.
    01-10-12 07:54 PM
    I was in the Kitchener, ON Futureshop store today and they must have had over 20 open boxes in the glass shelves there sitting and in all sizes. They were priced at $149, $199, & $249 for the 16GB, 32GB, & 64GB open boxes. I didn't notice any new PB's anywhere around, just the open boxes.
    01-10-12 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD