I got mine at Staples. It was on a nice rack alongside the Xoom, Kindle,Ipad, Galaxy something else too.
    Staples doesn't sell the iPad.
    07-24-11 10:49 AM
    Funny thing happened a few weeks back, before I bought the PB. I went to a Best Buy to test it out, and the display model was not working. I asked one of the young men to see if they could get it running, but he couldn't. At this time, I was waiting for him to start pushing the ipad or android whatever.

Instead he got up on a ladder and got a brand new 16 GB PB off the shelf, and started to open it. At this point I told him I had no intention of purchasing one that day. He said: "no problem, I have to set-up a working model". He proceeded to talk my ear off praising the PB while I was testing it out.

I asked him about other tablets, just to "test" him, but he had nothing much to say about the Acer Iconia, HTC Flyer, Xoom, or iPad etc. He was really pushing the PB. Needless to say I was very surprised.

Did I encounter the only Blackberry fan in that entire organization? Because my experience, like many others on this thread, has been that retailers' employees don't push a device unless it has a green cartoon robot or a half-eaten piece of fruit plastered on it. (this applies to phones too)
    07-24-11 12:38 PM
    wow that's awesome I think they are waking up...

I did my daily check at Best Buy and Staples today - Staples had a kid playing Need for Speed so I thought that was good enough for a demo and left - lol just hope he doesn't break the charger port. Looks like they finally got wise to the pressure and are at least keeping the thing running. My "harassment" (as some people in here call pressuring someone to do the job they are paid for) of the manager, paid off.

For my experience at Best Buy I'm starting a new thread...
    07-24-11 03:33 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD