Hi all,

Quick question.

I'm going to RMA my second playbook for the power button issue. I know when I RMA i'm most likely going to get a new/refurbed PB in return.

If I get back a PB with a different serial #, will I be able to restore my back up even though it's a different serial # playbook?
    06-20-12 12:21 PM
    Yes - and then re-use bbid so your apps are also available.
    06-20-12 12:35 PM
    Thanks F2.

I tried to restore a back up of PB#1 to PB#2 and it didn't allow me to do that.

Gonna assume because the PINs are different.

Wondering if I will come across that issue when I RMA and receieve a new PB with a different PIN.
    06-20-12 12:38 PM
    Hmm. You could also try Device Switch Wizard. But I'm pretty sure folks have been able to restore between pb's. EXCEPT sometimes if there is a beta involved.
    06-20-12 02:30 PM
    It should work for as long as you use the same bbid when you backed up your old pb and to your new pb.
    06-20-12 04:39 PM
    Last time I tried this, it "worked" but the calendar entries in the PlayBook calendar did not transfer. Everything else seemed to transfer over properly though.
    06-20-12 04:52 PM
    right now, I have 2 PBs

PB1 is my original PB.
    PB2 is a RMA I just got.

Both on same BBID
    No beta involved

Situation 1
    I backed up PB1 and tried to restore the same back up into PB2. No go, won't let me.

Situation 2
    PB1 is going to be RMA'd for power button. If they give me a new/refurb PB with different serial # and different PIN, how do I do a restore? Will it let me restore even though the serial and PIN are different?
    06-20-12 05:35 PM