Even before the 2.0 upgrade, my playbook started to get a little sluggish, so I was wanting to do a swipe and restore. After many attempts to back it up over the last few months, I finally got it to work. I just kept trying 3-4 times and it finally worked.

Anyway, the swipe went well and was easy. I happily moved on to the restore part. It would not work!!! No error message, it would just get stuck at 16.49GB of 40GB. (The progress bar was still acting normal, but would not move, even over night.) I tried it 4 or 5 times with no luck. Finally called RIM and they suggested that I back up the components (Media, Applications, Settings) individually. I tried the Media first (and it was 16.49GB) and of course it "stuck" at 16.49GB of 16.49GB. I moved on to the other 2 components and was able to successfully back them up. I tried the Media again, no joy.

All of that said, I have not noticed anything missing. All of my media seems to be there. I think it actually restored everything, but just hung on the last part of the process. I didn't see any posts suggesting this, so I thought I would put it out there for future reference.

KRS
    03-14-12 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD