Is there a requirement to back up Apps when reverting to OS(v1.0.7) or are the apps available in MY World so that one can re install?
    If the apps are to be backed up - how is this done? I can backup all my other files onto my computer but I can not find folders with the apps in them when using Windows 7 Explorer?
    Thank you in anticipation.
    11-04-11 11:20 AM
    If you are on OS2.0 now, you wont be able to apply a back-up from that to OS1.0 anyway. Your purchases in Appworld will still be available to reinstall once you revert.

Hopefully you backed up when you were on OS1.0 to save you the hassle of reinstalling all your apps/settings etc. If not then you will need to start from scratch as if your PB is new.

*Remember you will need to wait 24hrs before 'upgrading' back to OS1.0 through DM because if you dont, when you revert back to OS1.0 your PB will look for a software upgrade as part of the boot process and reinstall OS2.0
    ArdbegBold and teamfoster03 like this.
    11-04-11 11:34 AM
    Thank you for the prompt reply. I backed up the playbook prior to updating to OS2, but I have purchased some apps since then, which I can reinstall form Appworld. I will try process during the weekend and follow your time frame. Thanks you once again.
    11-04-11 11:55 AM
    Actually the above is not quite correct about 'waiting'.

Assuming you had an old 1.0 backup, you still have it on your PC.

To go back to OS1.:

Open DM on your PC.
    Turn off your PB.
    Connect the PC<>PB by USB (with PB off.)
    DM will ask if you want to reinstall the OS. Answer YES.
    DM will UN-install OS 2. and
    RE-install the current official OS1.

After rebooting the PB do a DM restore.
    Any apps not restored can restored by going to AppWorld, MYWorld and reinstall, including the former paid apps.
    Hobbes2099 likes this.
    11-04-11 05:59 PM
    i made that mistake
    deleted my os 1 backup and just had my 2.0 when i reverted back i lost everything
    11-04-11 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD