So I sent my PB for RMA because of a screen issue. Now i got an update from the store that RIM Singapore will replace it with a brand new unit. Can I restore the backup i made for the old one to the new one which has a different PIN?
    06-17-12 12:26 PM
    You should be able to do so. You should use the same BBID so that you can re-download your apps if necessary.
    06-17-12 12:47 PM
    Yes you can I just picked up a PB64 and moved everything from my PB32 to it. Nothing to it! Drop me a pm if you need any help and I'll shoot you my bb pin!
    nievz likes this.
    06-17-12 12:57 PM
    so the .bbb backup file will restore to new PB. thanks!
    06-17-12 03:19 PM
    If you did a full backup it will literally move everything over. I did a full backup of my 32 and it literally moved everything over exactly as I had it on my 32. You wouldn't even have known that I switched devices. I've also done this moving to a new BB handset. The desktop manager works like a charm.
    06-17-12 03:48 PM
    You guys are awesome! I just bought the 64 gig to upgrade from the 32. Was wondering the same thing. I was going to try it in a few minutes anyway. But you guys are awesome!
    06-17-12 08:50 PM
    However, if you have tricky setups for native email, sideloaded apps or print-to-go documents, I had none of those come back despite a valid full backup. Come to think of it, neither did my browser shortcuts that I sent to the home screen.
    06-17-12 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD