All I am new to the forums, but have been reading as a guest for a while.

I would consider myself a beginner-intermediate levelled blackberry user.

I bought a playbook in January and have loved the experience, I use it daily, have not had any issues and was love OS 2.0. On Saturday I notice my playbook wouldn't charge, I tried several playbook chargers (i know they work) and it wouldn't work, I also wouldn't charge using my usb to computer connection, I tried a hard reboot, still no luck. Then Sunday it just charged up as if nothing had happened.

This morning it was at about 70% so I tried to charge it to see what would happen, again no luck in any way. So i performed a security wipe, forgetting completely that I didn't back up anything on my playbook.

I now have none of the apps/games I paid for, movies etc... is there anyway to restore all of this, or am I SOL?!

Please help. THX!
    03-26-12 01:37 PM
    Pretty sure you can re-download the apps/games that you have previously bought in App World.
    03-26-12 01:40 PM
    Out of curiosity, How much free space is on your wiped clean PlayBook with OS 2.0 installed ?
    03-26-12 01:43 PM
    Eric;

after wiping my space is at 54.9GB of 59.4 GB free.

Aside from my issue with the apps, the playbook is still unresponsive when connecting microSD chargers and USB, I am assuming this is a hardware issue?! Has anyone else heard anything regarding this problem?

Thanks again.
    EricB1968 likes this.
    03-26-12 02:17 PM
    As long as you maintain your original bbid, you can open appworld and then go to my world, uninstalled and start grabbing them again.
    03-26-12 02:24 PM
    Does your computer recognize your PB when you connect via USB?
    03-26-12 02:31 PM
    @Westcoast style, no it doesnt, it acts like nothing is plugged in.

It is really weird, about 90% of the time the chargers do no work, then randomly it will start working, if I wiggle it around gently it seems to have no other effect.

I am going to try using the other port with the rapid charger to confirm if it is indeed that port that is broken on my playbook.
    03-26-12 03:09 PM
    Scullion, first welcome to the crackberry forum. To answer your question is of your apps just sign back into app world with your BBID and tap my world, then uninstalled. All your apps will be there and you can download them again.
    In regards to the charger issue. I would try a rapid charger which uses the magnetic port not the usb port. If it charges that way your USB jack might be the problem. Try starting Desktop Manager, then with the playbook turned off plug into your computer. Start the playbook and see if the playbook is recognize.
    If you need the support numbers here they are.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    03-26-12 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD