Short answer "Yes"

People need to really sit down and take in the difference between Research in Motion and BlackBerry. BlackBerry 10 is the tip of the iceberg. RIM is launching a platform.Throughout 2013 RIM is going to, not only redfine, but reestablish who they are and what BlackBerry is to them. RIM is a telecommunications company, first and formost. I'll leave it at that. The BlackBerry devices that we know and love have very little to do with RIM, and yet they are the very reason we even know of RIM. It really is the backend. The security network--the 'BlackBerry Cloud' the NOC the BES and of late their ownership of QNX. The OS is no slouch, they do use it for the LCS on the space station, powers GE's Mark VIe Control Platform, and the list goes on and on... (Like how 95% of the auto industry uses QNX and how 65% of cars on the road have it embedded). RIM didn't buy QNX on a whim some matches are made in heaven to foster innovation and to bring things into new arenas :
    QNX had been acquired in 2004 by Harman International Industries, a large U.S. media company that does audio and infotainment systems for cars, homes and theatres. Harman gave QNX plenty of freedom, even allowing it to sell software to Harmans competitors.

By 2009, however, some of QNXs customers were grumbling that their key supplier was owned by a competitor. The situation got to the point where Dodge suggested that Harman sell QNX to another company.

One of the firms on QNXs short list was RIM. Dodge asked David Johnston, who at the time was the president of UW, to arrange a meeting with RIM founder Mike Lazaridis. He really liked what he saw, Dodge says of Lazaridis. The deal went through in record time, closing in the spring of 2010. [Link]
    They bought TAT as well, the swedish UI design firm who licensed their software to the likes of telecom, consumer electronic and automotive industries. Even the company that owned QNX previously knew the power of what they had:

RIM has the assets (like BlackBerry) and has the backend to bring QNX to a new front, into the palm of our hands around the world. BlackBerry has ALWAYS been our digital tether, and with QNX powering BB10 that will only become more true. RIM wants as always to be a telecom services company. That you buy a BlackBerry because its unique offerings you buy into those offerings. In the scramble to compete against the BB's we have things like hundreds of thousands of apps, iMessage, other OEMS with BYOD Solutions and MDM Management Suites, and people knocking off the BB's to their dying breath. Hello GS3 Hide icon option and LED light. Who the are we kidding, RIM pioneered this space, and they will damn well defend it and likely carve out even deeper margins. They have the IP to do their own thing, RIM is far more powerful than anyone will suspect and can harness the openness of Android as much as they deem fit a la their Android-Runtime.
    Those of us here who know what's coming are so excited. I personally can't wait to see RIM at the end of 2013.
    When people say, "this is a new RIM" they mean it. Get ready this platform has never been in these hands before, and they've built it with tomorrow in mind. Security is their bread and butter and with that said let's remember that security is one of our most fundamental needs it cannot be overlooked, only made more transparent. BB10 will be an catalyst to everything we've ever seen on a smartphone taken up... 10 fold. The other guys are taking notice. Samsung especially, look at their latest Galaxy Note 2. BlackBerry is 80 million strong and we shall grow the loins of a new, mobile computing platform.
    RIM is even stronger, as new QNX Platform floods into new markets and reliability becomes more paramount in our every days.
    10-08-12 06:55 PM
    OP I loved your post. I am ready to follow you into battle. Seriously this post was the truth and I really appreciate it. Your gonna have some trolls give you grief and question this and that and claim they know more than you based on their WalMart jobs. Don't let these tools bother you. Great Post.
    10-08-12 07:17 PM
    Awesome post, thanks, and I am so there in 2013.
    10-08-12 08:14 PM
    Said it before: Come or high water.....I'll have a Chuck Norris death-grip on my BB. Thanks OP!
    James Nieves likes this.
    10-08-12 09:57 PM
    when u cruise down Philip street its all RIM buildings not blackberry
    James Nieves likes this.
    10-08-12 10:03 PM
    here is what RIM web said:

"The company behind the BlackBerry product line. Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry solution in 1999."

http://www.rim.com/company/

what you said is great and very passionate, but don't spin the history such as "The BlackBerry devices that we know and love have very little to do with RIM"
    10-08-12 10:19 PM
    here is what RIM web said:

"The company behind the BlackBerry product line. Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry solution in 1999."

http://www.rim.com/company/

what you said is great and very passionate, but don't spin the history such as "The BlackBerry devices that we know and love have very little to do with RIM"
    *BlackBerry devices are just windows to services. Like most smartphones. People like 'BlackBerrys' for reasons they do not like smartphones. BlackBerry is a unique solution to our communication "problem" iPhone solves it differently, and so does Android, people buy BlackBerrys because they work for them connecting them to the services therein. RIM is the engine and a BB is the digital connector. Remember BBs didnt even have a microphone or speaker when they first came out. RIMs specific solution is called "BlackBerry" and they use the brand as an extension of what they offer with BES. When they say "Mobile Fusion" they are not only giving it a name, they are talking about what we're coming to. That MDM must be a fusion of all kinds of mobile devices. RIMs strategic advantage is their backend and 'BlackBerry' is just how they deliver it, for now they have a powerful platform, if another OEM can license and make the numbers RIM will refocus their strengths. Because they have this new platform they can connect in ways the other guys just can't. BB10 is going to be a real time masterpiece, and the so will the backend that will grow with to securely connect the BB10 (QNX 8). THAT is whats going to dramatically change throughout 2013 that is why I wrote the OP. 630 Carrier partners across almost every continent. BB10 can be the "secure" cloud based web. RIM understood "mobile social network *instagram* like social apps. With the most powerful and secure messaging platform in the world that runs through RIM servers. BBM was the first mobile social network. RIM pioneered the roots of more than we give them credit for. They march on delivering the solution their customers tell them they need.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-08-12 11:27 PM
    Who makes Lincolns? Who makes Buicks? There's always a parent company behind what consumers see and touch.

If you knew all the public and private brands and acquisitions behind Ford and General Motors that have nothing to do with cars your head would spin.

Like Apple and the iWhatever device; Is it about glass slabs or that those glass slabs continuously sell consumed content?

So who makes BlackBerry mobile devices? Its about a business model that is diverse and self sustaining in any market storm.

BTW I had the Harmon Kardon Citation 12 Power Amp with a Dynaco PAT-5 pre-amp and a pair of Advent speakers back in the day.

My turntable was a Rec-O-Kut with an Auduio Technica tone arm and cartridge. Awesome tunes specially with direct to disc records.

Yeah we know Harmon.
    James Nieves likes this.
    10-09-12 01:04 AM
    *BlackBerry devices are just windows to services. Like most smartphones. People like 'BlackBerrys' for reasons they do not like smartphones. BlackBerry is a unique solution to our communication "problem" iPhone solves it differently, and so does Android, people buy BlackBerrys because they work for them connecting them to the services therein. RIM is the engine and a BB is the digital connector. Remember BBs didnt even have a microphone or speaker when they first came out. RIMs specific solution is called "BlackBerry" and they use the brand as an extension of what they offer with BES. When they say "Mobile Fusion" they are not only giving it a name, they are talking about what we're coming to. That MDM must be a fusion of all kinds of mobile devices. RIMs strategic advantage is their backend and 'BlackBerry' is just how they deliver it, for now they have a powerful platform, if another OEM can license and make the numbers RIM will refocus their strengths. Because they have this new platform they can connect in ways the other guys just can't. BB10 is going to be a real time masterpiece, and the so will the backend that will grow with to securely connect the BB10 (QNX 8). THAT is whats going to dramatically change throughout 2013 that is why I wrote the OP. 630 Carrier partners across almost every continent. BB10 can be the "secure" cloud based web. RIM understood "mobile social network *instagram* like social apps. With the most powerful and secure messaging platform in the world that runs through RIM servers. BBM was the first mobile social network. RIM pioneered the roots of more than we give them credit for. They march on delivering the solution their customers tell them they need.

I agree with you!
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    James Nieves likes this.
    10-09-12 11:48 PM