I have no idea myself but I suspect somewhere in the dark distant past it had something vaguely, (I don't know what exactly) to do with a blackberry something or other. Anyway welcome fellow seeker of the truth. Site down, make yourself comfortable and take the hallowed thread test. If successful you will be a fully fledged forum warrior.

The test begins now and you have 3 seconds to answer the questions. (you cannot phone a friend or you will be disqualified).

1. Do you like brandy?
    2. Do you like pasties?
    3. In a life and death situation which on would you choose, pasty or brandy?

Your time starts now!
    Erm I think your all mad. Maybe I should have bought a Samsung thanks.
    03-05-13 02:13 PM
    Erm I think your all mad. Maybe I should have bought a Samsung thanks.
    Perfectly score. You are now a fully fledged member of this forum.

P's don't buy a Samsung, stick with the pb.
    03-05-13 02:19 PM
    Ureka!!!!!!!!!!! The announcement is I've discovered custard. A beautiful yellow substance that I don't know what to do with at the moment. Tried it with chips, a definitely NO. Tried it with Blackpuddings and another resounding NO.

Any suggestions?
    03-09-13 08:53 AM
    Ureka!!!!!!!!!!! The announcement is I've discovered custard. A beautiful yellow substance that I don't know what to do with at the moment. Tried it with chips, a definitely NO. Tried it with Blackpuddings and another resounding NO.

Any suggestions?
    Rhubarb.

As well as culinary and recipe advice, I'm also available for after dinner speeches and bar mitzvahs.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-09-13 09:45 AM

Any suggestions?
    As a glue for wallpaper. Of course, that might affect one palate or another palette (wallpaper choice)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-09-13 09:47 AM
    Rhubarb.

As well as culinary and recipe advice, I'm also available for after dinner speeches and bar mitzvahs.
    What a range of talents and the chutzpah to trumpet them, too.
    03-09-13 09:48 AM
    Ok must have missed a small detail here but I've read both posts several times and for the life of me can't work out the relationship between rhubarb, chutzpah, trumpets and custard!

Please advise!
    03-09-13 10:18 AM
    Ok must have missed a small detail here but I've read both posts several times and for the life of me can't work out the relationship between rhubarb, chutzpah, trumpets and custard!

Please advise!
    A long vacation and a room with rubber walls. And stay away from q-tips (cotton swabs).
    03-09-13 10:52 AM
    A long vacation and a room with rubber walls. And stay away from q-tips (cotton swabs).
    Ok there smarty pants with the big words like long and walls. I do know what q-tips are because that other silly member has two of them stuck up his nose! So there! I am discovering custard not rubber. It's your loss if you don't listen.

I have found the clue I needed to deal with this custardy thing I've discovered. It does not microwave very well at all. 6 mins in that machine of the devil and you hear a familiar 'popping' sound. Well more like a muffled bang really but you get the idea. Yes you guessed it custard does explode!

I will not be defeated on my new endeavor so I have been and bought 6 new tins of this wonderful new discovery. Just need to find the right use for it.
    03-09-13 11:21 AM
    What! No brandy? Maybe a shot of white lightnin' . Tilt the jug.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-09-13 12:18 PM
    Have you tried your custard with Blackberry and Apple (... pie/crumble) ???
    They seem to go together well
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-09-13 12:36 PM
    What! No brandy? Maybe a shot of white lightnin' . Tilt the jug.
    Ok so now we're being really silly. You can't just have brandy with custard on it! Mmmmmmmm or can you?
    03-09-13 01:37 PM
    Indeed.

But really it was much more in the way of a tribute, since two esteemed people closely connected to that golden memory from my childhood, that is the veritable gem "Rhubarb and Custard" recently died.

I'm kinda half in mourning, half celebrating their life. I've raised a glass of bubbly in tribute, and uttered mazel tov.

I'm playing along with the idioms but I am not jewish nor have any real connection, so some of me feels a bit of a fraud. That only happens on Tuesdays, though...
    03-09-13 02:19 PM
    Indeed.

But really it was much more in the way of a tribute, since two esteemed people closely connected to that golden memory from my childhood, that is the veritable gem "Rhubarb and Custard" recently died.

I'm kinda half in mourning, half celebrating their life. I've raised a glass of bubbly in tribute, and uttered mazel tov.

I'm playing along with the idioms but I am not jewish nor have any real connection, so some of me feels a bit of a fraud. That only happens on Tuesdays, though...
    Still don't get the trumpet!
    03-09-13 02:31 PM
    What about pasties?
    You must be from the UP, cause that's the only place I've ever seen Pasties.
    03-09-13 02:35 PM
    You must be from the UP, cause that's the only place I've ever seen Pasties.
    Just turn left at the brandy bottle and there I am!

P's I'm the one sat on the pasty.
    03-09-13 02:40 PM
291 ... 101112