And this is why using a radar to heat pasties was such a brilliant idea!

No complicated controls, or decisions to make. Only the one button to push, and anything in front of the thing (probably out to a range of several miles) became hot.

As this thread has a firm policy on promoting Health&Safety, I should add that anyone with access to a radar shouldn't try this at home in case you fry: a) yourself, b) neighbours, c) passing vehicles.
    I see your point completely. I'm heading to an Army-Navy Surplus store later today to find a simple radar installation. It will simply my life immensely and I can charge my neighbors for heating (and defrosting) their foods and brains, too.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-28-13 12:08 PM
    I see your point completely. I'm heading to an Army-Navy Surplus store later today to find a simple radar installation. It will simply my life immensely and I can charge my neighbors for heating (and defrosting) their foods and brains, too.
    Probably best not to mention it to your neighbours at all... they'd only worry. Life is stressful enough as it is, and I'm sure they'd thank you for your consideration.

It's probably only the fact that the equipment is generally painted in matt olive-green or grey that prevents the idea catching-on. Those Homes&Gardens-type magazines would undoubtedly view the issue of colour-coordination with the existing kitchen decor in a negative way.
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    02-28-13 12:24 PM
    Probably best not to mention it to your neighbours at all... they'd only worry. Life is stressful enough as it is, and I'm sure they'd thank you for your consideration.

It's probably only the fact that the equipment is generally painted in matt olive-green or grey that prevents the idea catching-on. Those Homes&Gardens-type magazines would undoubtedly view the issue of colour-coordination with the existing kitchen decor in a negative way.
    I can't help but grin after reading the above - thanks.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-28-13 02:39 PM
    You two really need to get a Z10! Unfortunately they don't do them in olive green.

P's don't stand in front of the radar dish whilst cooking your pasty. Not unless you need a quick sterility program on the cheap!
    02-28-13 02:56 PM
    Would radar increase a BB signal, incoming. And outgoing calls? A sort of ET phone home, industrial strength? Also, how about portable radar? Strap on tbe back jobby? Wonder if Maplins could sort me out
    02-28-13 03:23 PM
    Would radar increase a BB signal, incoming. And outgoing calls? A sort of ET phone home, industrial strength? Also, how about portable radar? Strap on tbe back jobby? Wonder if Maplins could sort me out
    It's could also tell you accurately how far away your pasty was and locate all other pasties in the area. If your pasty has bb10 it will also have NFC fitted!
    02-28-13 03:45 PM
    Rough time today

Never rush for a pasty

It was worth it. Yum
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    02-28-13 05:31 PM
    Rough time today

Never rush for a pasty

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...AC5C4B7B5C.jpg

It was worth it. Yum
    Damn, that radar was powerful. I'll be more careful in the future.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-28-13 06:17 PM
    I wish you lot would stop mucking about with with stuff like radar when you don't know what your playing with. I just got back from rescuing that Finds man in the antarctic, really fancied cheese on toast with worcester sauce, only to find that your bloody radar had taken out my toaster.

Cheese sanbo it was then.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-28-13 07:31 PM
    SOM, I guess you could have been involved in world war 2 (hence you reference to your local chippy). Could this be anything to do with your basic knolwledge of radar? If so, can you please inform these other monkeys not to mess with it.

I've got another toaster coming from the river Amazon tomorrow and I really do need it to make my cheese on toast for lunch, washed down with a can of Stella.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-28-13 07:49 PM
    SOM, I guess you could have been involved in world war 2 (hence you reference to your local chippy). Could this be anything to do with your basic knolwledge of radar? If so, can you please inform these other monkeys not to mess with it.

I've got another toaster coming from the river Amazon tomorrow and I really do need it to make my cheese on toast for lunch, washed down with a can of Stella.
    Mmmmmmmm let me see now. I believe it's that little thingy near the front that tells everyone inside that people are shooting at you. Was no good for myself as I served on Vulcans and we had a tendency to fly either above or below the radar. It does make nice little pictures on a screen inside the cockpit though. I prefer sat navigation myself as it doesn't kill you and has coloured bits on the screen and roads and things. Not that roads are any good to a Vulcan but they are still nice to look at.

Is it too early for a brandy?
    03-01-13 06:40 AM
    SOM, I guess you could have been involved in world war 2 (hence you reference to your local chippy). .
    I may be taking your question out of context, as I couldn't find the post you mention, but I would refer to MY local chippy, and I wasn't involved in WW2 (by about 35 years).
    03-01-13 06:56 AM
    I may be taking your question out of context, as I couldn't find the post you mention, but I would refer to MY local chippy, and I wasn't involved in WW2 (by about 35 years).
    I didn't serve on Vulcans in WW2 because they wouldn't let us. They were too busy getting shot down in Lancaster and the Vulcan doesn't have any of them gun type shooting thingys on it you silly boy. I was however being carried by my mother at the time and I clearly heard the bang from inside her. Even though I couldn't see anything I knew it was our chippy because I distinctly heard my father saying, "well you won't be seeing that damn chippy again will you!"

PS how remiss of the designers not to think about putting shooty type gun things on a war plane. Only the British could do that!
    03-01-13 07:24 AM
    Fish and chips - beef dripping or vegetable oil?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-01-13 07:53 AM
    Has to be dripping everytime... Ahhh fat bendy chips. ... Feeling peckish now! :'(

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-01-13 08:02 AM
    Fish and chips - beef dripping or vegetable oil?
    How dare you mention that unmentionable stuff in the same sentence as the hallowed "fish and chips". Vegetable oil is for those people you read about in books that don't do normal things like what they should do and try to convince the rest of the human race that "its healthier for you".

My interpretation is "the manufacturers find it cheaper to produce that than melting cows down to make the other", and makes less smell of course.

Name me one other two legged mammal that eats grass. I rest my case and refuse to say anything further on the subject until I've sought advice from my therapist.

I feel a trip to the cellar coming on.
    03-01-13 11:22 AM
    Has to be beef dripping and chips wrapped in newspaper mmmmm also found of beef dripping on bread, fresh from the oven. Happy days. Shame they retired the Vuocan bomber, fantastic plane for deploying nuclear weapons, not that ive tried ! Im sure SOM has an interesting storey or two re lost nukes, dropped nukes by mistake malarky
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-01-13 03:13 PM
    Has to be beef dripping and chips wrapped in newspaper mmmmm also found of beef dripping on bread, fresh from the oven. Happy days. Shame they retired the Vuocan bomber, fantastic plane for deploying nuclear weapons, not that ive tried ! Im sure SOM has an interesting storey or two re lost nukes, dropped nukes by mistake malarky
    No but we did scare the crap out of the US military on lots of occasions. It was a regular game we played because they couldn't see us on their radar. I always thought it was because we flew too high or too low but after being enlightened by the edificated members of this most hallowed thread, I realised it was because everyone was using their radar dishes to warm their pasties on. Silly me!
    03-01-13 03:48 PM
    How dare you mention that unmentionable stuff in the same sentence as the hallowed "fish and chips". Vegetable oil is for those people you read about in books that don't do normal things like what they should do and try to convince the rest of the human race that "its healthier for you".

My interpretation is "the manufacturers find it cheaper to produce that than melting cows down to make the other", and makes less smell of course.

Name me one other two legged mammal that eats grass. I rest my case and refuse to say anything further on the subject until I've sought advice from my therapist.

I feel a trip to the cellar coming on.

The salt cellar?
    JeepBB and sad_old_man like this.
    03-01-13 03:49 PM

Beef dripping on bread with a bit of salt on. Mmm. I'd forgotten about that. My nan used to feed me that because it was "good for me"

She'd be arrested for child abuse nowadays

Bloody tree hugging fun sucking granola eating humourless sods. Hallelujah and pass the tylenol
    03-01-13 03:55 PM
    The empire was brought up on beef dripping sarnies, and rightly so
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-01-13 04:28 PM
    Wonder where the man with the sticks up his nose has gone?
    03-01-13 04:36 PM
    Wonder where the man with the sticks up his nose has gone?
    I heard that he tripped and fell on his face. Nasty consequencies. Still in hospital I believe.

The word is going around that he tripped on one of your discarded pastys (after the microwave fiasco) and bashed his face on that rusty old lawnmower in your front garden. Don't be to hard on yourself though, could of happened to anyone without sticks up their nose. Just grab another brandy mate. I'm told he will make a full recovery.
    Last edited by dangerousfen; 03-01-13 at 06:22 PM.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-01-13 05:34 PM
    I, too, thought that he might have fallen and "pithed" himself silly!
    03-02-13 12:47 AM
    The empire was brought up on beef dripping sarnies, and rightly so
    Didn't do Darth Vaders asthma any good
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-02-13 02:11 AM
291 ... 7891011 ...