You'll have to wiki it. Family friendly forum.
    No, don't think so. I think it better to leave it to my wicked imagination. When SOM returns I'm sure he will put a take on it.

Where is he anyway? Not still trying to get his Nokia 3210 working!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-26-13 03:01 PM
    No, don't think so. I think it better to leave it to my wicked imagination. When SOM returns I'm sure he will put a take on it.

Maybe "HE DID TRY THIS AT HOME" with the consequences to be reported on Darwin site.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-26-13 03:43 PM
    Maybe "HE DID TRY THIS AT HOME" with the consequences to be reported on Darwin site.
    I hate to say it F2, but I think you just maybe right! R.I.P.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-26-13 04:20 PM
    I hate to say it F2, but I think you just maybe right! R.I.P.
    I think I will have a brandy or Everclear in his honor!

Or the powers that be, locked the door firmly behind him as he left.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-26-13 05:05 PM
    RE: Request to mods - please, no more threads about bb10

Can I request also to mods to remind everyone that they have an option not read threads they don't like to read...
    But how do you know until you have read it?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-26-13 05:17 PM

He is just taking a call on his microwave
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-26-13 05:19 PM
    He is just taking a call on his microwave
    Yes, you can just see him, like a little pixie, going round and round on the glass dish. "Hello! is anybody there? I've lost my bloody signal again"
    nikgilbe and sad_old_man like this.
    02-26-13 05:30 PM
    Too late for any Darwin awards - that only counts if the person hasn't already bred.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-27-13 05:22 AM
    Too late for any Darwin awards - that only counts if the person hasn't already bred.
    We know he does pasties, do we know he did bread, too!
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    02-27-13 08:53 AM
    How very disappointing this is. I leave you for 20mins for a quick trip to talk to some very nice, non pasty eating, non parametric end users in Dusseldorf and return to find that you have all decended into chaos, pandemonium and mayhem almost verging on anarchy!

Could we please adhere to the main topic of this thread which I believe is loosely based around health and safety and pasties. Not forgetting brandy of course.

Changed air time provider, changed mobile = lost the will to live. Apparently when they port a number across and the server makes its initial search for the handset to register the sim on the network, it doesn't think to look outside the UK for it. How remiss!

However, it didn't make much difference to the trip because the Germans bombed my chippy in the war. The only good thing is they like alcohol nearly as much as I do.

Anyway to get back on topic, the pasty has now become a garden ornament and has given me an idea for a new business. No more concrete and spending hours hand painting them to look authentic. Microwave one on full power and you have a perfect ornament/doorstop that really looks real.

Now to take my coat off, unpack and take a trip to the cellar, then the kitchen, back to the cellar and I'll be set for a relaxing evening, ah yes!
    02-27-13 10:33 AM
    Welcome back SOM. We've missed you. Even thought you may have blown youself to pieces and gone to meet your maker.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-27-13 11:12 AM
    Welcome back SOM. We've missed you. Even thought you may have blown youself to pieces and gone to meet your maker.
    No such luck. Charles Babbage was only too happy to see the back of me and promised never to make another one.

I have though come up with a brilliant idea. Well it's not so much as a brilliant idea but spending all that time on flights and sitting in the hotel bar listening to our German bretherin saying things about the British without giving a thought as to whether the person they are talking about can speak German? I love playing that game.

Meanwhile what about this then:

Would it be possible to ask God, who I now know exists because he posted about bb10 the other day, or one of his disciples like my personal pal Bigbadwulf, to change the thread title to something meaningful like:

Health and Safety rules in the kitchen?
    How to treat a pasty humanely?
    Everything but BB10?
    Brandy for beginners?
    Would you buy a BB pasty?

I once started a thread and only found it again by searching my account and strangely enough it had been renamed, so I know it can happen. What do you think?
    02-27-13 11:29 AM
    How very disappointing this is. I leave you for 20mins for a quick trip to talk to some very nice, non pasty eating, non parametric end users in Dusseldorf and return to find that you have all decended into chaos, pandemonium and mayhem almost verging on anarchy!
    Good word - did you invent Scrabble?

You're such a kidder with that whole long word antithesis, you big kidder, you. Why I oughta...!
    Changed air time provider, changed mobile = lost the will to live. Apparently when they port a number across and the server makes its initial search for the handset to register the sim on the network, it doesn't think to look outside the UK for it. How remiss!
    What mobile now?

I think I'll probably end up changing provider, since I think I want a Z10 in a couple of months at contract renewal, and my provider isn't doing the Z10. I've ported a number once before, though, and it didn't cause me that much grief - but then I'm not a heavy user of it as an actual phone.
    However, it didn't make much difference to the trip because the Germans bombed my chippy in the war. The only good thing is they like alcohol nearly as much as I do.
    You are Stan Boardman and I claim my �5.

And I never knew he was so eloquent!
    Anyway to get back on topic, the pasty has now become a garden ornament and has given me an idea for a new business. No more concrete and spending hours hand painting them to look authentic. Microwave one on full power and you have a perfect ornament/doorstop that really looks real.

Now to take my coat off, unpack and take a trip to the cellar, then the kitchen, back to the cellar and I'll be set for a relaxing evening, ah yes!
    Have liver, will pickle!
    02-27-13 11:40 AM
    Good word - did you invent Scrabble?

You're such a kidder with that whole long word antithesis, you big kidder, you. Why I oughta...!

What mobile now?

I think I'll probably end up changing provider, since I think I want a Z10 in a couple of months at contract renewal, and my provider isn't doing the Z10. I've ported a number once before, though, and it didn't cause me that much grief - but then I'm not a heavy user of it as an actual phone.

You are Stan Boardman and I claim my �5.

And I never knew he was so eloquent!

Have liver, will pickle!
    Ok you person you with sticks up your nose! Anyone with an airtime provider that purports to reside in the UK that doesn't have the Z10 on offer must still be offering the Nokia Communicator, in which case I'm proud of you because I developed it. Well done!

I don't use big long words cause I don't understand them, I just copy the words otherz used.

If it really is a Z10 you want for whatever reason:

1. Take two steps back, hit yourself on the head once with something heavy.
    2. Have a brandy.
    3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have no further desire to own a piece of crap.

Last part, they actually did bomb our chippy so give me my �5 back you Indian giver you.
    02-27-13 12:10 PM
    02-27-13 03:57 PM
    Did I miss anything? I was out skiing. Oh, besides his resurrection from microwave death.
    02-27-13 06:41 PM
    Why do I keep coming back to this thread?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-27-13 07:54 PM
    making a blackberry pasty with 10 different species of blackberries inside it.
    That made me hungry. Does he ship to Latin America????
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-27-13 08:02 PM
    Did I miss anything? I was out skiing. Oh, besides his resurrection from microwave death.
    Carefully assembled you could use pasties as ski's. I only have two to offer you but you could quickly make enough if I lend you my now redundant microwave and you also disregard the instructions.
    02-28-13 08:02 AM
    Carefully assembled you could use pasties as ski's. I only have two to offer you but you could quickly make enough if I lend you my now redundant microwave and you also disregard the instructions.
    Sorry, but I took stuffed grape leaves for lunch yesterday - cuisine from the other side of Europe.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-28-13 09:01 AM
    Sorry, but I took stuffed grape leaves for lunch yesterday - cuisine from the other side of Europe.
    How long do you do Dolmades for in the microwave. They aren't in the instructions book either!
    02-28-13 10:02 AM
    About 2 minutes on 40% power. But as with all inherently defective microwave ovens and as most instructions on food packages indicate - microwaves vary and so "we don't guarantee anything to anybody anytime!" In other words, your results might vary and probably will.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-28-13 10:40 AM
    About 2 minutes on 40% power. But as with all inherently defective microwave ovens and as most instructions on food packages indicate - microwaves vary and so "we don't guarantee anything to anybody anytime!" In other words, your results might vary and probably will.
    2 minutes on 40% of watt? I'm still laughing at that! I don't know what high power means on it because I threw the box away. Shall I just do it for a little bit at a time and see if I burn my mouth? Or shall I nuke it properly like what I always do?
    02-28-13 11:12 AM
    Microwaves vary as do palates. I know folks who can drink scalding beverages without flinching - me, mine need to be luke warm. Seriously, every time I want to nuke a new item in the microwave I question the entire concept. Last week it was chicken soup or sort of chicken soup. Somedays it was more soupy and others more chickeny. My microwave has a REHEAT button and then depending on the next button pressed, Dinner Plate (and then large, regular and small) and Soup (1, 2 or 3 cups). But is more chicken less soup, SOUP? Or Dinner Plate? The REHEAT also has Pizza. But is lasagna Dinner-like or Pizza-like. I do know it is generally not soup-like.

It also has defrost - chicken, bone-in or bone-out, ground beef, steak but what about my damn Shrimp? No defrost for that - so I guess.

And then harkening back to my Microwave Lightbulb issue - does having a working bulb add heat and change the parameters whereas a non-working bulb is less warm?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-28-13 11:32 AM
    Microwaves vary as do palates. I know folks who can drink scalding beverages without flinching - me, mine need to be luke warm. Seriously, every time I want to nuke a new item in the microwave I question the entire concept. Last week it was chicken soup or sort of chicken soup. Somedays it was more soupy and others more chickeny. My microwave has a REHEAT button and then depending on the next button pressed, Dinner Plate (and then large, regular and small) and Soup (1, 2 or 3 cups). But is more chicken less soup, SOUP? Or Dinner Plate? The REHEAT also has Pizza. But is lasagna Dinner-like or Pizza-like. I do know it is generally not soup-like.
    And this is why using a radar to heat pasties was such a brilliant idea!

No complicated controls, or decisions to make. Only the one button to push, and anything in front of the thing (probably out to a range of several miles) became hot.

As this thread has a firm policy on promoting Health&Safety, I should add that anyone with access to a radar shouldn't try this at home in case you fry: a) yourself, b) neighbours, c) passing vehicles.
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    02-28-13 11:59 AM
291 ... 678910 ...