I've heard that sucking a Fisherman's Friend helps.
    You can get arrested for doing that! Stick to the basic rules of nature my good man.

Germs cannot live in alcohol and they use it in hospitals to sterilize and clean things. Therefore as long as you maintain a minimum of 30% alcohol to 20% non essential fluids ratio in your body, germs cannot survive. Live long and prosper bretheran.

P's never be tempted to drink water under any circumstances as fish make love in it!
    02-24-13 06:59 AM
    Well now that this thread has morphed into a regional food discussion perhaps I'll have some toasted ravioli for lunch.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...42768644,d.aWM.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-24-13 07:07 AM
    Well now that this thread has morphed into a regional food discussion perhaps I'll have some toasted ravioli for lunch.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...42768644,d.aWM.
    Isn't it amazing how many wonderful, intelligent people you can meet in just one thread? Just when I think I am ready to meet my maker, another fellow foodie pops up with a new idea for food that I didn't know about. This does mean that I have to delay my meeting with my maker until I have sampled this wondrous recipe. Thank you kind sir, your good deeds will be rewarded
    02-24-13 07:14 AM
    You can get arrested for doing that! Stick to the basic rules of nature my good man.

Germs cannot live in alcohol and they use it in hospitals to sterilize and clean things. Therefore as long as you maintain a minimum of 30% alcohol to 20% non essential fluids ratio in your body, germs cannot survive. Live long and prosper bretheran.

P's never be tempted to drink water under any circumstances as fish make love in it!
    You have to be careful though.

On a serious note I've been a bit unwell. When my test results came back they discovered blood in my alcohol stream.
    02-24-13 09:31 AM
    You have to be careful though.

On a serious note I've been a bit unwell. When my test results came back they discovered blood in my alcohol stream.
    OMG you can't be serious! Please tell me you have not been tempted to the dark side and had a drink of W, W Sorry I can't bring myself to say the cursed word water. That horrendous stuff will definitely result in blood getting back into your alcohol stream.

Meanwhile there is a cure and here is your prescription. You are prescribed two bottles of any of the following, or a mixture of all of them.

Alcohol.

Take a 250ml glass of your chosen medicine every two hours. (Do not miss any or you will have to start again from the beginning.)
    Depending on your location try to consume a pasty (of your choice) every four hours.
    If no pasties are available, choose something you like instead. (please read the contents and avoid products with more than 0% water content)

You should start to recover within four hours of the treatment and if you still feel the same continue with the prescription for a further four hours. By this time, you won't know or care how you feel. There you go your cured. Please don't let it happen again.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    02-24-13 10:24 AM
    I microwaved a frozen jam doughnut once with disastrous results... severely burnt lips. Doughnut was warm.... jam was bubbling hot.. ouch
    In a similar vein, I almost scalded my face once with molten Brie (I has kulture! ).

Brie was cold, I was drunk, figured a great way to get cheese to eating temp was to pop it into microwave for a few minutes (did I mention the drink?)

As I pierced it with a knife, a jet of molten hot cheese fountained up and missed my face by an inch.

Fair sobered me up, it did.
    sad_old_man and ctuffy like this.
    02-24-13 11:33 AM
    And never try to separate frozen burgers with a knife when drunk!
    02-24-13 11:35 AM
    So you want no more forums about bb10 yet you start a new one? This is trolling

LOL
    02-24-13 11:38 AM
    So you want no more forums about bb10 yet you start a new one? This is trolling

LOL
    I really don't think you should be trying to derail this Health&Safety thread about the dangers of cooking whilst drunk... the Mods can get pretty fierce about that kind of behaviour you know...
    02-24-13 11:45 AM
    More and quite recent microwave antics - earlier this week:

How is one suppose to reheat their chicken soup (yes, I made some) when the UNserviceable bulb in their microwave blows out. Who cares if they put in two screws that cannot be removed by normal tools (or even star drives, square drives) - that's what dremels were made for. And to make it more interesting, no where on earth (the internet, anyway) is the bulb available! Imagine, "cooking" in a dark microwave - talk about 3rd world!

While the manual contains no info on bulbs or replacing burned out ones, the Web, of course, is replete with instructions, both fair and foul.

Remove screws and external shell. Oh, wait, before you do that (now you tell me), unplug and wait half hour for the capacitor to de-capitate! No problem. Four screws removed but those ODD ones do need a dremel to re-slot them. Remove them. Then pry off the entire outside shell. Where's the bulb. Oh, behind that additional metal frame. Remove screws and wire connectors. Ah, the glass portion if larger than the base and won't come out of the hole. Unscrew metal fame. Won't move due to other wires. Disconnect those. Don't drop bulb. Ah, none of that kind on the web and the darn similar ones are $20.00. Why can't mine be a screw in $4.00 one. Now 9:30pm.

Call Sharp in the morning. Warned there are no "user-serviceable" things behind those locking screws to wit the manual she reads: "there are NO USER SERVICEABLE whatevers inside this sealed for your protection cover!!!!!". Tell her, too late. They still won't sell me a bulb. Give me service center number. Sheesh, less than a mile from my home. Call. "Yes, we sell the bulb when *WE* replace it" One again, tell them too late. I've got the bulb. "Come in and we will see." Drive over. He goes into back room and rummages. "Sorry, No new bulb but I found a used but working one." He hands it to me and says be careful. No charge (kind of like Rim and the camera)

Home: can't get frame into slots. Ah, who cares.... Maybe not a good idea to leave open seams in a microwave. Take it apart again and FLASH/SPARKS - right, unplug and de-capitate again!

It seems to be working but my friend says she will not be in the house if I use the microwave!!! (of course, this is the same person who tried cooking a beef tongue in the microwave creating a perfect wooden shoe without wood!)

Years ago I recall reading a consumer mag that says that microwave ovens are one of the few inherently defective products to enter the home - they cook unevenly no matter what you try as the jelly doughnut story and erupting brie demonstrate.

Kids, do not try this at home or even in the physics lab!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-24-13 12:33 PM
    And never try to separate frozen burgers with a knife when drunk!
    Drunken decorating is the worst. Looks fantastic until the next morning
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-24-13 12:37 PM

How is one suppose to reheat their chicken soup (yes, I made some) when the UNserviceable bulb in their microwave blows out. Who cares if they put in two screws that cannot be removed by normal tools (or even star drives, square drives) - that's what dremels were made for. And to make it more interesting, no where on earth (the internet, anyway) is the bulb available! Imagine, "cooking" in a dark microwave - talk about 3rd world!

While the manual contains no info on bulbs or replacing burned out ones, the Web, of course, is replete with instructions, both fair and foul.

Remove screws and external shell. Oh, wait, before you do that (now you tell me), unplug and wait half hour for the capacitor to de-capitate! No problem. Four screws removed but those ODD ones do need a dremel to re-slot them. Remove them. Then pry off the entire outside shell. Where's the bulb. Oh, behind that additional metal frame. Remove screws and wire connectors. Ah, the glass portion if larger than the base and won't come out of the hole. Unscrew metal fame. Won't move due to other wires. Disconnect those. Don't drop bulb. Ah, none of that kind on the web and the darn similar ones are $20.00. Why can't mine be a screw in $4.00 one. Now 9:30pm.

Call Sharp in the morning. Warned there are no "user-serviceable" things behind those locking screws to wit the manual she reads: "there are NO USER SERVICEABLE whatevers inside this sealed for your protection cover!!!!!". Tell her, too late. They still won't sell me a bulb. Give me service center number. Sheesh, less than a mile from my home. Call. "Yes, we sell the bulb when *WE* replace it" One again, tell them too late. I've got the bulb. "Come in and we will see." Drive over. He goes into back room and rummages. "Sorry, No new bulb but I found a used but working one." He hands it to me and says be careful. No charge (kind of like Rim and the camera)

Home: can't get frame into slots. Ah, who cares.... Maybe not a good idea to leave open seams in a microwave. Take it apart again and FLASH/SPARKS - right, unplug and de-capitate again!

It seems to be working but my friend says she will not be in the house if I use the microwave!!! (of course, this is the same person who tried cooking a beef tongue in the microwave creating a perfect wooden shoe without wood!)

Years ago I recall reading a consumer mag that says that microwave ovens are one of the few inherently defective products to enter the home - they cook unevenly no matter what you try as the jelly doughnut story and erupting brie demonstrate.

WOW is all I can say. I personally don't like microwaves. I've got nothing against them but I don't like anything that's cleverer than wot I am. That covers most things apart from a frying pan and a wok, hence my passion for pate.

Oh and by the way, who are there people that keep coming onto this thread mentioning bb10. Also what exactly is bb10? Has anyone seen it, has anyone got it, does it really exsist.

P's. I have a torch you can buy cheap!
    02-24-13 01:19 PM
    WOW is all I can say. I personally don't like microwaves. I've got nothing against them but I don't like anything that's cleverer than wot I am. That covers most things apart from a frying pan and a wok, hence my passion for pate.

Oh and by the way, who are there people that keep coming onto this thread mentioning bb10. Also what exactly is bb10? Has anyone seen it, has anyone got it, does it really exsist.

P's. I have a torch you can buy cheap!
    BB cell phone or the kind of implement along with pitchforks used to hunt Frankenstein's Monster?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-24-13 01:22 PM
    BB cell phone or the kind of implement along with pitchforks used to hunt Frankenstein's Monster?
    Contradiction there, but I love the two separate references to a bb cell phone.
    02-24-13 01:25 PM
    I really don't think you should be trying to derail this Health&Safety thread about the dangers of cooking whilst drunk... the Mods can get pretty fierce about that kind of behaviour you know...
    I'm not trying to, I'm trying to stop the bb10 threads (even the ones trying to stop them) not the health and safety ones as I think it's good to know that you shouldn't leave something boiling for a year without supervision
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    02-24-13 01:30 PM
    Agree on the BB10 threads. Suggest new threads titled Drinking While Cooking, Home Appliance Repair or maybe Old Men Sitting around the Pickle Barrel While Whittling and Spitting.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-24-13 01:33 PM
    Bringing this thread full-circle...

When I was a young engineer, I was working with radar (don't ask!). In case you didn't know, radar operates at microwave frequencies. When we felt a bit peckish during a long day, it became the "done thing" to place a Cornish pastie in front of the transmitter and throw the switch. A short time later, a piping hot pastie was yours to enjoy.

Ermmm... Thing is... airborne radars don't generally come with a clock and a little bell that dings to tell you the food is cooked... and one day, the inevitable happened and the entire lab was filled with the stench of burning pastie.

Cue stiffly worded memo from management over misuse of company property and a ban on food in the lab. LOL
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    02-24-13 01:35 PM
    Agree on the BB10 threads. Suggest new threads titled Drinking While Cooking, Home Appliance Repair or maybe Old Men Sitting around the Pickle Barrel While Whittling and Spitting.
    I'm stunned. I personally agree with the thoughts on a new thread. The thing is I'm running out of toilet rolls to continue the list of my new found heros on. This is probably the best thread in the world.
    02-24-13 01:39 PM

When I was a young engineer, I was working with radar (don't ask!). In case you didn't know, radar operates at microwave frequencies. When we felt a bit peckish during a long day, it became the "done thing" to place a Cornish pastie in front of the transmitter and throw the switch. A short time later, a piping hot pastie was yours to enjoy.

Ermmm... Thing is... airborne radars don't generally come with a clock and a little bell that dings to tell you the food is cooked... and one day, the inevitable happened and the entire lab was filled with the stench of burning pastie.

Cue stiffly worded memo from management over misuse of company property and a ban on food in the lab. LOL
    We never got a similar memo when we used Everclear in our punch at lab parties! Maybe because no one remembered using Everclear in the punch!
    JeepBB and BergerKing like this.
    02-24-13 02:01 PM

And I whole heartedly agree with whatever it was that happened. YOU KILLED A CORNISH PASTY.

Anyway I'm in a hurry so tonight your sins are forgiven and the pasties family forgive you as well.

Right, that said just give me some time boys. I'm just popping out to the deli for some frozen brie and donuts so I can try that microwave thingy with them like F2 did.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-24-13 02:02 PM

$20 for a bulb. New microwave is under 40.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-24-13 02:07 PM
    We never got a similar memo when we used Everclear in our punch at lab parties! Maybe because no one remembered using Everclear in the punch!
    That means either the Everclear was fully consumed, or someone needed cover.
    02-24-13 02:09 PM
    And I whole heartedly agree with whatever it was that happened. YOU KILLED A CORNISH PASTY.
    WASTED, not KILLED... there's a difference.

I'm just popping out to the deli for some frozen brie and donuts so I can try that microwave thingy with them like F2 did.
    I don't think I can look.... I'm not good with pain, even other people's pain...F2, tell me when it's safe to open my eyes!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-24-13 02:12 PM
    Nah.... sorry OP. This place is for BlackBerry discussion. The more the better. I definitely do no want the mods to prevent threads being created about BlackBerry 10, whether good, bad or somewhere in the middle.

If you don't want to see new threads, then the recommended solution is to use more of the advanced forums features. Subscribe to threads and forums you want to see. You can actually modify the "Today's Posts" queries to exclude specific forums, etc.

We're working on new features to better allow you to customize the forums and the entire site for that matter, to the things you want to learn more about. So this will get easier and better.
    How about a sticky thread for all BB10 news and comments, that way those that are interested can read them, and them that ain't can ignore it...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-24-13 02:32 PM
    How about a sticky thread for all BB10 news and comments, that way those that are interested can read them, and them that ain't can ignore it...
    I'm back. More later about the brie and donuts thingy experiment but I'm thinking about this new thread idea thought. Oh back shortly I need to go out and buy a microwave for the experiment. Knew I'd forgotten something.
    02-24-13 02:41 PM
291 ... 23456 ...