Please, can any of you guys (Kevin, Bla1ze, Adam, Michelle, etc.) try to reach out to RIM about why they're taking so long with the development of native PIM, the NDK, and everything else? Clearly this is one of the reasons why Sprint decided to cancel its plans to carry the 4G version. The lack of communication from RIM is killing them. It just feels like the Playbook is being abandoned because nothing is being released and RIM isn't saying anything about what's going on behind the scenes. Clearly they're going through some challenging software development and I understand that, but if the Sprint cancellation is any indication, lack of communication does not bode well in terms of trust and belief in their company.

If there's anything you guys can do to reach out to RIM about this, with your influence being writers here, there are so many Playbook owners here that would appreciate it. I think I speak for a lot of us here when I say that we're getting fed up with pushed-back release dates, missing features, and most of all... SILENCE.

Now, I realize you guys don't want to take away from the launch of the new OS7 phones. I understand this, and trust me I've used a 9900 and I think it's an awesome phone and I am seriously considering buying one... However, I'm starting to become spiteful of RIM for the way they've been acting with everything regarding the Playbook and it's been making me second guess whether I should buy any more of their products.

I've tried to personally reach out to RIM, with never anything meaningful in return. I've tried twitter and email to contact them and I haven't once got a reply.

I know this sounds desperate and slightly pathetic, but frankly they are losing more and more sales every day that they don't say anything (again as evidenced by the Sprint cancellation), and less sales = less developers interested, less applications, less development effort, etc.

PLEASE Crackberry, can you get in touch with RIM for us and get ANSWERS?

Thanks
    Zwickliffe, trsbbs, FF22 and 10 others like this.
    08-12-11 02:55 PM
    It doesn't sound desparate at all to me. In fact, I think you describe the situation that all Playbook owners find themselves in quite nicely.

Now my synical side will take over - if Crackberry does receive any communication, the only thing we the pions will be told is "it's going to be swwweeeettttt" LOL - sorry couldn't resist.
    08-12-11 03:03 PM
    Please, can any of you guys (Kevin, Bla1ze, Adam, Michelle, etc.) try to reach out to RIM about why they're taking so long with the development of native PIM, the NDK, and everything else? Clearly this is one of the reasons why Sprint decided to cancel its plans to carry the 4G version. The lack of communication from RIM is killing them. It just feels like the Playbook is being abandoned because nothing is being released and RIM isn't saying anything about what's going on behind the scenes. Clearly they're going through some challenging software development and I understand that, but if the Sprint cancellation is any indication, lack of communication does not bode well in terms of trust and belief in their company.

If there's anything you guys can do to reach out to RIM about this, with your influence being writers here, there are so many Playbook owners here that would appreciate it. I think I speak for a lot of us here when I say that we're getting fed up with pushed-back release dates, missing features, and most of all... SILENCE.

Now, I realize you guys don't want to take away from the launch of the new OS7 phones. I understand this, and trust me I've used a 9900 and I think it's an awesome phone and I am seriously considering buying one... However, I'm starting to become spiteful of RIM for the way they've been acting with everything regarding the Playbook and it's been making me second guess whether I should buy any more of their products.

I've tried to personally reach out to RIM, with never anything meaningful in return. I've tried twitter and email to contact them and I haven't once got a reply.

I know this sounds desperate and slightly pathetic, but frankly they are losing more and more sales every day that they don't say anything (again as evidenced by the Sprint cancellation), and less sales = less developers interested, less applications, less development effort, etc.

PLEASE Crackberry, can you get in touch with RIM for us and get ANSWERS?

Thanks
    +1000. RIM hasn't said anything about the Playbook since BBW except that they didn't know what the sell through was (cough, cough, lie!). We Playbook early adopters would like some official communications from RIM on what's going on.
    Zwickliffe likes this.
    08-12-11 03:18 PM
    +1000. RIM hasn't said anything about the Playbook since BBW except that they didn't know what the sell through was (cough, cough, lie!). We Playbook early adopters would like some official communications from RIM on what's going on.
    I've tried. Everyone just seems scared to call RIM out on anything except for BGR, and the rest seem not to care about them anymore to make the effort.

I cant believe the auto focus and 188mb app space issues warranted official statements from RIM, and yet anything involving the Playbook is met with silence. Complete and utter BS.

If Crackberry doesn't care then let's organize a twitter campaign or something, I'm seriously so fed up right now.
    08-12-11 03:25 PM
    Um...did you guys listen to Kevin's podcast on his trip to RIM for the AGM? He did mention that various things are being worked on for the PlayBook and we should see them soon...

Sprint cancellation just means it isn't carrying the device, not that the PlayBook 4G is not happening.

I don't know why people freak out when a US carrier does something. There are plenty of other countries where the PlayBook will be sold....
    08-12-11 03:51 PM
    They cancelled Sprint to work on LTE.. anywho, we've reached out to RIM before and while they say all things will be coming, they still leave out the most important thing -- when.
    mikelcal likes this.
    08-12-11 04:11 PM
    Um...did you guys listen to Kevin's podcast on his trip to RIM for the AGM? He did mention that various things are being worked on for the PlayBook and we should see them soon...

Sprint cancellation just means it isn't carrying the device, not that the PlayBook 4G is not happening.

I don't know why people freak out when a US carrier does something. There are plenty of other countries where the PlayBook will be sold....
    But you see, therein lies the problem. What truly matters is that RIM needs to say something - not Kevin nor the Crackberry website. RIM needs to be the ones that are saying that stuff is in the works. THEY are the ones that need to be dropping hints of what is going to come. THEY are the ones that need to be the actual spokesperson for the Playbook.
    mikelcal and mpcook like this.
    08-12-11 04:19 PM
    Lots of my friends have bought PB and BB phones in the past as my love and enthusiasm is addictive (whatever) but its true, now with BB7 its bound to happen even more. The one thing I'm not doing anymore is direct them here to CB cause all it is, is a bunch of threads like this one. I'll show them how to myself!
    08-12-11 04:55 PM
    Lots of my friends have bought PB and BB phones in the past as my love and enthusiasm is addictive (whatever) but its true, now with BB7 its bound to happen even more. The one thing I'm not doing anymore is direct them here to CB cause all it is, is a bunch of threads like this one. I'll show them how to myself!
    The threads are to be expected. Its an unfinished device which most have paid full price, and the manufacture keeps missing targets and disrespecting early adopters with lies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-12-11 05:04 PM
    They cancelled Sprint to work on LTE.. anywho, we've reached out to RIM before and while they say all things will be coming, they still leave out the most important thing -- when.
    I know but I'm not even asking for when... RIM has no idea when these things will be ready because they're still working on them. I want to know why they're taking so long. RIM answered almost immediately when people expressed concern about the 9900 only having 188mb of app space, and they gave a technical explanation of why.

Sure, we got to see a demo of PIM at Blackberry World, but this raised more questions than it provided answers: why is it running in a Java player? Why was it not coded natively to allow battery saving/performance improvements? why can only one PIM app be run at once in a tablet thats main selling feature is multitasking?

We all have similar questions about the Native Development Kit, Android Player, etc... we just want communication.
    08-12-11 05:07 PM
    Wow, I sincerely apologize for trying to make the Playbook as good as it can be. How terrible of me to do that.
    howarmat likes this.
    08-12-11 05:10 PM
    Wow, I sincerely apologize for trying to make the Playbook as good as it can be. How terrible of me to do that.
    You ought to. After all how dare you question of Wisdom of the Wizards of OZ (ceo's). After all they never actually promised anything. Heck, they did not even say anything (recordings be damned). They merely falsely adverised, okay, PUFFed beyond belief their PROFESSIONAL tablet.

I am sure they are still sitting there behind the curtain thinking the yellow brick road will lead purchasers to their door when they finally offer what was promised. Credibility can only be stretched to far and once torn is really hard to repair.

Meanwhile normal users are seriously looking for the ruby slippers app to get themselves out of this mess.
    08-12-11 06:06 PM
    Still think it's hard to do more with less, cut staff cut service. I think we'll see more missed dates & broken promisses.
    08-12-11 06:26 PM
    You ought to. After all how dare you question of Wisdom of the Wizards of OZ (ceo's). After all they never actually promised anything. Heck, they did not even say anything (recordings be damned). They merely falsely adverised, okay, PUFFed beyond belief their PROFESSIONAL tablet.

I am sure they are still sitting there behind the curtain thinking the yellow brick road will lead purchasers to their door when they finally offer what was promised. Credibility can only be stretched to far and once torn is really hard to repair.

Meanwhile normal users are seriously looking for the ruby slippers app to get themselves out of this mess.
    Lol. I had an epiphany the other day using the 9900. It's so sexy and it's genuinely a great phone to use. The keyboard is superb... it's fast, the touchscreen is very responsive, everything works great (except for maybe the camera). I know for a fact from using it that RIM is capable of making great products. I think the Playbook is a great product hardware-wise, but quite frankly the software is unacceptable. After using an iPad, the browser seems slow and unresponsive... apps that should have been native were made with webworks or air which are slower and less feature-rich... The wifi is so unstable I feel as though they threw together the stacks for it in a weekend. I dunno, I just think the Playbook was a culmination of far too many ideas when it should have been kept far simpler and to the point. It can be fixed but it's not going anywhere quickly unless some huge changes are made.

As an early-adopter, I feel as though I'm at least entitled to some answers on the subject. I really feel like that's not too much to ask.
    mikelcal likes this.
    08-12-11 06:38 PM
    As an early-adopter, I feel as though I'm at least entitled to some answers on the subject. I really feel like that's not too much to ask.
    As an early-adopter you're entitled to nothing but endless updates, broken promises, and the right to say you were there first.
    bjg526 likes this.
    08-12-11 08:03 PM
    As an early-adopter you're entitled to nothing but endless updates, broken promises, and the right to say you were there first.
    I dont think anyone would be complaining on these and other forums if these "endless updates" you refer to actually happened.
    mikelcal likes this.
    08-12-11 08:46 PM
    Sonmetimes I have no idea why I come in to these forums just to here people cry about native email

Here's my prediction- you'll get it when it's ready. Meanwhile buy an iPad.
    marksasongko and sk8er_tor like this.
    08-12-11 09:33 PM
    Sonmetimes I have no idea why I come in to these forums just to here people cry about native email

Here's my prediction- you'll get it when it's ready. Meanwhile buy an iPad.
    I don't really care about the email at this point, but I'm more concerned about the fact that developers who can code IPOSX apps cant do anything because thw NDK is MiA...I want me some nexflix or hulu streaming...which at least hulu can be done without an app, but they chose to shut the door on pb users. Also, with android apps, when is RIM actually going to give developers a heads up to start porting apps... but as it is Shape cant even get IM+ out the door, even though it was developed on flash. without "premium" apps, consumers are going to stay away...
    08-13-11 03:22 AM
    Knowing RIM, we will actually get it BEFORE its ready, late as it now is.

Many people have started threads like this. Myself included. RIM seems to speak when it wants to and is able. We have been met with stony silence which means to me that RIM still doesn't know when things will be ready. Again, late as it is on these things, it still has no good idea.

Sad.
    08-13-11 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD