Has anyone had any joy replying to emails from their Desktop (BES) account using the BlackBerry Bridge on the PlayBook?

You can type the reply but then the send button is greyed out - if you go onto the phone it appears to save half of the message but that's about it....

Just wondered if this is a known issue or if I need to have a fiddle with the BES.

TIA

Elcuolo
    06-14-11 06:04 AM
    this has happened to me too. but it does not happen allways. when it happens i disconnet the bridge and start again.
    06-14-11 06:11 AM
    Has anyone had any joy replying to emails from their Desktop (BES) account using the BlackBerry Bridge on the PlayBook?

You can type the reply but then the send button is greyed out - if you go onto the phone it appears to save half of the message but that's about it....

Just wondered if this is a known issue or if I need to have a fiddle with the BES.

TIA

Elcuolo
    For me, Bridge and BES have been a buggy combo. I've seen this and many other issues, some minor, others just as significant.

Hopefully it stabilizes in a near future patch.
    06-14-11 06:52 AM
    Yes - definitely a bit buggy - hopefully it will get sorted in the near future. Suppose RIM have quite a lot on their plate at the moment....
    06-14-11 06:56 AM
    i havent had this issue
    06-14-11 08:50 AM

TIA

Elcuolo
    The Bridge is buggy. The more time I spend with this tablet, the more I realize it's not ready for the market. You have to close the Bridge and open again to get things to work. I have a problem when I reply to all. The keyboard won't come up and I can't put the cursor in place to type. I have to close the Bridge and start again. It doesn't always happen.

I still have a few days to decide if I should keep this product. It's starting to feel like the Storm 2 all over again..."wait for the update and then it's full potential will be released".
    06-14-11 10:07 AM

I have about 25 users using the Playbook through the Bridge on our BES. It seems to be working fine for the majority of them.

We do have a few occasional bugs, but they are usually user-related. I'm not saying YOUR issues are related to user error, but that is what is happening with our users.

Usually they bring it to me, they are mad/frustrated at it, I show them what they are doing wrong and they are happy with it again!
    06-14-11 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD