Is there way to add missing thumbnails for music that is synced to the playbook? Some of my music cds have thumbnails and some do not. Any thoughts?
    01-19-12 08:53 AM
    I don't sync so I don't know what controls if they appear or don't appear.

I've generally tried to add the jpg's directly into the mp3 files. But I also notice that a number of my folders also have a jpg image as a separate file.
    01-19-12 09:53 AM
    There are apps that will modify the Id tags in a MP3 file, the embedded pictures are an id tag, a jpeg stored in the mp3 file.

Google will help you, try "mp3 id tag picture editor" as a search

Remember, Google may no longer be our friend, it they aren't an enemy yet either.
    01-19-12 10:59 AM
    Thanks for the help! I didn't know the pics were called mp3 id tags. I'll check it out!
    01-19-12 11:03 AM
    I sync'd mine and they seem to be fine.
    01-19-12 11:16 AM
    MP3tag is the way to go. You can create or edit all of the tags and drag and drop the cover art just from Amazon or wherever right into the program. It also embeds itself in Windows 7 menus so when you right click on an MP3 file (or a group of MP3 files belonging to an album) you can immediately edit them in MP3tag.

Download link provided below. Trust me, if you are serious about music on your PB or BB, you need this app.

Mp3tag - Download
    01-19-12 11:25 AM
    I believe he is asking if there is a way to do this ON the playbook. I do not hook my playbook to my computer except via wifi and have never synced it to itunes or desktop manager so I would be curious about this too.
    01-19-12 01:03 PM
    I believe he is asking if there is a way to do this ON the playbook. I do not hook my playbook to my computer except via wifi and have never synced it to itunes or desktop manager so I would be curious about this too.
    How did you get your music on the PB?? Unless you never owned any MP3 files until you got the PB, and downloaded them all from Amazon. In any event, you (and perhaps the OP) are asking if there is an MP3 tag editor for the Playbook. I can tell without looking that the answer is no.

You could, I suppose, find the cover art by browsing the web on your PB and saving the .jpg file in the album's directory as a .png file but with the name folder.jpg (that .png/.jpg weirdness is the protocol on the BB's music player, I doubt if RIM has changed that given the little thought that has apparently gone into the PB music player).

That sounds clumsy and laborious, though. IME, it's best to organize your music on your PC and sync everything to the PC to avoid inconsistencies. I have four devices with all of my music on them -- my BB, my PB, iPod, and DLNA-equipped Bluray player (the last obviously just reading what's on the computer). They all have the same playlists and (with the exception of the DLNA Bluray) album art.
    01-19-12 01:31 PM
    How did you get your music on the PB?? Unless you never owned any MP3 files until you got the PB, and downloaded them all from Amazon. In any event, you (and perhaps the OP) are asking if there is an MP3 tag editor for the Playbook. I can tell without looking that the answer is no.

You could, I suppose, find the cover art by browsing the web on your PB and saving the .jpg file in the album's directory as a .png file but with the name folder.jpg (that .png/.jpg weirdness is the protocol on the BB's music player, I doubt if RIM has changed that given the little thought that has apparently gone into the PB music player).

That sounds clumsy and laborious, though. IME, it's best to organize your music on your PC and sync everything to the PC to avoid inconsistencies. I have four devices with all of my music on them -- my BB, my PB, iPod, and DLNA-equipped Bluray player (the last obviously just reading what's on the computer). They all have the same playlists and (with the exception of the DLNA Bluray) album art.

I mean to say I have my PB mounted as a wifi hard drive but that's my only connection to my computer. I got all of my songs on that way (dragged, dropped, went to sleep). But I do not want to continually do this to update tracks with pictures. Oh well. Maybe in a later update.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-19-12 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD