I recently had some fun and took the time to replace my playbook's cracked glass. Everything seemed went smoothly, except now my left speaker doesn't play sound. The right is fine. Also, the camera isn't operating properly. I receive camera error.4003 when trying to use.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? I'm thinking that something didn't get correctly hooked back together and it is a hardware issue. Are these two issues related to the same wiring scheme? Before I take it back apart, I wanted to make sure I knew exactly what I needed to look for and do.

FYI, 16GB running OS 2.1.0.1526. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

m Shane
    04-01-13 02:59 PM
    I recently had some fun and took the time to replace my playbook's cracked glass. Everything seemed went smoothly, except now my left speaker doesn't play sound. The right is fine. Also, the camera isn't operating properly. I receive camera error.4003 when trying to use.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? I'm thinking that something didn't get correctly hooked back together and it is a hardware issue. Are these two issues related to the same wiring scheme? Before I take it back apart, I wanted to make sure I knew exactly what I needed to look for and do.

FYI, 16GB running OS 2.1.0.1526. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

m Shane
    Same issue with the speaker on one side failing, but no issue with the camera....I had a loss of wifi capability. I would only pick up wifi signals sporadically or of a specific ghz.

Opened up and checked that all the cables where connected ok, but I noticed a soldering connection was cracked on the top portion of the speaker....so I suspect that was the cause for all my grief.
    Last edited by narseny; 04-01-13 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Grammar
    04-01-13 07:14 PM
    The left speaker is the one that remains connected during disassembly, right? Could surely be a broken solder connection. For the camera I would try re-seat the connection from the on and volume buttons to the board as the camera is a part of that assembly.
    04-01-13 08:44 PM
    Had the same issue, I busted the (really weak) solder during disassembly I would imagine.

Thought about repairing it, but can't find my soldering kit. Ordered a wifi antenna from the same eBay seller I got the screen from.
    04-02-13 01:40 PM
    Had the same issue, I busted the (really weak) solder during disassembly I would imagine.

Thought about repairing it, but can't find my soldering kit. Ordered a wifi antenna from the same eBay seller I got the screen from.
    You should link your excellent, earlier post: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...repair-786965/
    disallow likes this.
    04-04-13 12:23 PM