My 2.1 install didn't go quite as planned.

1) There were one or two Android apps that don't work. The one I use most upgraded to a working version.

2) We're supposed to have an SMS bridge icon. I don't have it.

3) Boot time and browser use are supposed to be faster. Not here, but not a big deal. The browser was reasonably smooth before.

I can live with the boot time (although faster would be better) and I'm not missing the other Android app that didn't stay functional. But is there a way to repair the upgrade to add the SMS functioning? Without blowing everything else up?
    10-10-12 03:29 AM
    Reports suggestions that a few reboots help the OS settle down.

Android apps: Like you said, you may need to get a new version. Hopefully the device will update soon.

SMS: Open Bridge on your phone and check if "Messages" is ticked.

For everything else... Consider a wipe/debrick. :/
    10-10-12 03:46 AM
    For SMS, have you updated the Bridge app on your phone and restarted?

If it still does not appear, go into the Bridge app on your phone - highlight your table, press the menu key and select Properties and check SMS is ticket.
    10-10-12 04:29 AM
    what android apps are not working, maybe an older version of those is the way to go temporarily.
    10-10-12 04:38 AM
    For SMS, have you updated the Bridge app on your phone and restarted?

If it still does not appear, go into the Bridge app on your phone - highlight your table, press the menu key and select Properties and check SMS is ticket.
    That's almost it. Now I feel so dumb. I installed rroyy's bridge file, THEN did the upgrade. Suddenly, I'm finding an older version of bridge on my phone. Part of the "upgrade"? Got the newest from rroyy, a second time. Fixed. Thanks, all.
    10-10-12 11:40 AM
    what android apps are not working, maybe an older version of those is the way to go temporarily.
    I'll have to go through them, again. This has been an interesting week, so my upgrade got jammed in the middle of everything else. And trading off sleep for the upgrade to do it.
    10-10-12 11:45 AM
    I finally decided to upgrade the regularly used 64gig (I had done the 32 when official 2.1 came out). So, of course, I start just before going to bed, going to bed, going ..... Finally, just left it installing overnight. This morning a Restart was necessary and took its sweet time. Then things got bumpy and some still remain bumpy. I had to UNinstall some alternate Android Loaders (honeycomb and Go-launcher-x). Then android was running a bit slow. THREE restarts. But still can't get into Appworld - will not authenticate (my password is correct but I logged in on computer and changed it).

So, in short, I commiserate.
    10-10-12 01:05 PM