Is it possible to do this to create more space?

Regards,
    Andy
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-26-12 12:41 PM
    I know that they will be removed if you do a Security Wipe (a Debrick to REinstall the OS will bring them back).

But the picture app does not allow them to be deleted. I've not looked at all of the various File Managers to see if they can delete them. Not even sure where they are stored internally. The pictures probably don't take up tons of space, the video would be larger.
    12-26-12 01:18 PM
    F2 is absolutely correct. A security wipe will delete the photos and video. Until I got my 64g, I was very aware of Limited space on my 16g. It's quite liberating to now download whatever the heck I want. I've got a dozen movies, tons of photos, all kinds of apps and still have 38g's to play with.

Anyway, yes.....security wipe (and keep an eye out for a 64g!).
    David in Durham likes this.
    12-26-12 04:15 PM
    i didnt do a back up on new blackberry play book i just bought off a friend so how do i get the sample pictures back
    whats a Debrick to REinstall the OS can someone email me at tanyaboutcher@hotmail.com and help me pleaseeee
    01-03-13 08:41 PM
    I had to do a security wipe today and the wallpapers and video are GONE.

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update, repair and follow prompts. You will see the led turn green. It will take awhile
    01-03-13 10:42 PM
    I had to do a security wipe today and the wallpapers and video are GONE.

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update, repair and follow prompts. You will see the led turn green. It will take awhile
    I actually did not turn it on as mentioned in step 4. Mine did step 5 and 6 just by plugging in the USB.
    01-03-13 10:58 PM
    I wonder if different version of the DM software behave differently. Or maybe there are variations in the way different versions of Windows handle things. When I did not turn on the pb, after plugging in the usb, the pb rebooted NORMALLY after not very long. I thought it odd. So I powered it off again, plugged it in and turned on the pb and then got the Update/repair series of prompts.
    01-04-13 12:10 AM