I want to start purging all the bloated native AIR apps. For example, with the release of origami, I have no use for the Browser(which is a POS).

Is there a way to remove this from the OS?
    08-01-13 02:47 AM
    I have kept searching for a way to do this since the day I bought the device. Seems like there is no way to delete some of the apps without rooting. Only "solution" these forums offer so far is what I had done already, put them in a folder, name it "crapp" and put it away from your homepage
    FF22 and Carl Estes like this.
    08-01-13 03:33 AM
    If you start deleting the native apps, you will start to get notifications of an OS update; which will just go ahead and install the apps again. Don't uninstall the stock browser; if you click links in emails, etc you'll likely get an error (and there's no way to make Origami default). You CAN uninstall the built in apps using the Playbook App Manager plugin for Google Chrome, but like I said, you may just end up getting them back on. Easier to just move them to an "Unused" folder or something.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-01-13 08:31 AM
    You CAN uninstall the built in apps using the Playbook App Manager plugin for Google Chrome
    I don't believe that this is true.
    08-01-13 09:40 AM
    Well, you can experiment but be prepared to have to use the Security Wipe or Debrick process to regain appropriate functioning of the pb. I think there maybe links or tie-ins between apps so that removing crucial ones might bollix up the pb. I would suggest backing up any personal or unique data before playing.
    08-01-13 10:12 AM