hello my fellow crackberrians,

i installed the bodygaurdz carbon fiber skin onto my PlayBook about a year and half ago and today decided to take it off. I was really hoping that their wouldn't be any residue but there is. it makes the back of my PlayBook look pretty dirty. in some spots its sticky and other it seems to look stained after I tried wiping it off with a wipey. any reccomendations on getting it looking clean? I did search the forums but had no real luck finding a solution.
    12-11-12 10:25 PM
    I don't know how my suggestion will react with the "rubber" backing - peanut butter is a recommended remedy for removing sticky residue. But since it can do that, I wonder if it would also react the the rear material. You could also contact the original maker of the body guard and see if they have a recommendation.
    12-11-12 11:37 PM
    Like the peanut butter suggestion, not sure if this will work. Whenever I have a sticky price tag or label that I need to remove, I dab a bit of baby oil on a tissue and wipe it over the offending area. It will soften it enough that after a few minutes, it will be easy enough to wipe it completely off. Just don't overdue it on the baby oil, though. A scant amount will do the job. Good luck getting it off, no matter what method you use!
    12-12-12 05:54 AM
    I would contact Bodyguards customer service to report this issue and ask for help.

I installed this product but after only three months I removed mine with out any issues.

Good luck.
    12-12-12 07:36 AM