I just read a good portion of that thread. It does sound like a bug. If the video is 16:9 then there is no reason that the Z10 should stretch them. That must be frustrating. I actually have a similar issue with the PB....when making a 16:9 video in h.264, it squeezes the top and bottom up/down to look slightly letterboxed. Doesn't do this anywhere else.
    ???
    I guess there is NO perfect device nor perfect software (apps for the newly indoctrinated). What's funny is that someone suggested another video player (nutty or nutsy or (z10 is hooked to tv downstairs). Well, it plays the music from my videos but does not show the images!
    12-08-13 06:07 PM
    ok,,, why didn't any of us playbook einstiens think of pinch to zoom???!!! c'moon maan!!! it's muuuch better than tv zoom as it doesn't cut too much off the side view,,, you can even just leave the bars to a minimum so they're not a distraction & you don't lose ANY of the frame,,, problem solved...
    FF22 likes this.
    12-11-13 06:39 PM
    ok,,, why didn't any of us playbook einstiens think of pinch to zoom???!!! c'moon maan!!! it's muuuch better than tv zoom as it doesn't cut too much off the side view,,, you can even just leave the bars to a minimum so they're not a distraction & you don't lose ANY of the frame,,, problem solved...
    Glad you think you've fixed it, but if you zoom, even the slightest bit, you are losing some of the frame. Does this pinch zoom affect the output seen on the TV? How is it any different than TV zoom? Zoom is zoom. Only difference I can think of is that you're only zooming a tiny bit, or your TV doesn't have a good zoom. You didn't' say what brand you have.
    12-15-13 09:25 AM
    Glad you think you've fixed it, but if you zoom, even the slightest bit, you are losing some of the frame. Does this pinch zoom affect the output seen on the TV? How is it any different than TV zoom? Zoom is zoom. Only difference I can think of is that you're only zooming a tiny bit, or your TV doesn't have a good zoom. You didn't' say what brand you have.
    did you even read my post??? go back, re-read the thread, & get up to speed,,, i solved the issue @ hand,,, if you're not convinced, give it a try yourself...
    12-15-13 05:14 PM
    Yes, I read it, then I quoted it, then I responded to it. Perhaps you could make some attempt to explain why you think I didn't.

How can I "try it myself" if I'm not having the issue? You were complaining about a 2.40:1 movie being displayed on a 16:9 screen. Your complaints, and the image you provided (then removed) are common, but if you zoom, not matter what method you use (TV zoom, pitch, etc) you may "fill the screen". But you do this by cutting off the edges of the movie. Even if you zoom only slightly, something has to give. Basic geometry.
    Banco likes this.
    12-16-13 05:21 PM
30 12