So i have just bought the remote stereo gateway device and connected it to the playbook and the volume is disabled as it is not supported !
    So i have to use the remote gateway with my android if i want to actually control my music volume otherwise using my playbook will just blast out the music at whatever the remote speaker volume is set to. Even my girlfriends iPhone connects to it and works with the volume button (and iphones are usually not very bluetooth friendly with other manufacturers devices)

Pathetic !!!!!

So my BLACKBERRY remote gateway device only has full functionality with ANDROID or iPhone not my BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK !!!

Blackberry really make it hard to love them dont they
    09-01-12 05:48 AM
    Be ready. You are are about to be hammered by the loyalty police telling you that there doesn't need to be a volume control, or, you should have done your homework and bought the device that is best for you. Or some such nonsense.

You are correct. A blackberry device that gives more features to nonblackberry products is inexcusable. Maybe that is why apple stock is as high as it is and RIMM is in the toilet.
    09-01-12 06:42 AM
    And i keep defending the playbook to mates who have nexus's, ipads etc. Not sure why as this is one of those basic features that should just work. I read loads of reviews but obviously missed the ones where it said this feature didnt work. Seriously, its volume control !?!
    Getting harder and harder to justify not putting this up for sale on ebay and going out and buying a nexus or similar. So many basic features such as playing one video after another automatically doesnt even work, you have to download a 3rd party app that has this most basic of features

Am currently listening to music streamed via my new blackberry remote gateway device through my hifi amp and it sounds really good. Bluetooth quality is excellent

Unfortunately streaming via my blackberry remote gateway device using my Samsung Galaxy tablet.
    09-01-12 06:58 AM
    So i have just bought the remote stereo gateway device and connected it to the playbook and the volume is disabled as it is not supported !
    So i have to use the remote gateway with my android if i want to actually control my music volume otherwise using my playbook will just blast out the music at whatever the remote speaker volume is set to. Even my girlfriends iPhone connects to it and works with the volume button (and iphones are usually not very bluetooth friendly with other manufacturers devices)

Pathetic !!!!!

So my BLACKBERRY remote gateway device only has full functionality with ANDROID or iPhone not my BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK !!!

Blackberry really make it hard to love them dont they
    Maybe a better approach would be to ask if others have had this problem. I bought the music gateway as soon as it was available and my PlayBook volume control has worked flawlessly throughout. Pairing is super fast and sound quality is good. My strong suggestion to PlayBook owners considering the music gateway is to ignore your post and go for it.
    09-01-12 07:19 AM
    I have a Logitech mini boombox and music gateway. My PB volume control does not work on either of them but my Bold 9900 volume controls do...
    09-01-12 07:21 AM
    Maybe a better approach would be to ask if others have had this problem. I bought the music gateway as soon as it was available and my PlayBook volume control has worked flawlessly throughout. Pairing is super fast and sound quality is good. My strong suggestion to PlayBook owners considering the music gateway is to ignore your post and go for it.
    So my playbook is faulty then and this should work fine ?

I would like to know if anyone else gets the remote gateway device to work with the pb volume.
    It says "device not supported" when i press the volume buttons

Or to quote from my cousin vinny, maybe youve got lucky.
    "how could it take you five minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit-eating world 20 minutes? "
    09-01-12 07:33 AM
    It works. Just pair it again, and try.

OMG RIM IS DEAD. Jump ship to the gadget that gives me more confidence!

;-)
    dentynefire and cdnrider like this.
    09-01-12 09:20 AM
    For those of you with working volume control and those without, which version of the OS are you on?
    09-01-12 09:25 AM
    This occurs on some but not all BT audio devices. My Motorola s9's CAN be controlled by the pb's volume control. My logitech bt gateway (somewhat like the Rim one) does NOT control volume. My icon bt earpiece canNOT be controlled.

I have no idea what the characteristics of some of these devices are and why it works on some and not on others.
    09-01-12 09:42 AM
    In thecsman's images, I wonder if the BT volume would function on the PB without the 9900 being present????

I don't have volume control, but it's not a big deal, I have a remote for me stereo receiver.
    Last edited by DC506; 09-01-12 at 12:01 PM.
    09-01-12 11:56 AM
    @thecsman good to know that it does in fact work lol
    09-01-12 11:57 AM
    Thecsman - im ln OS version 2.0.1.668, what are you running ?
    09-01-12 01:01 PM
    Let's see PB OS is version what...2.something...pretty new and still immature. BB, IOS and Android are at version what? All a lot further along and everyone here forgets all of the original IOS and Android nightmares. Just the facts of evolving tech.

Wait for it, it will get better as it has been getting better.
    09-01-12 01:09 PM
    Let's see PB OS is version what...2.something...pretty new and still immature. BB, IOS and Android are at version what? All a lot further along and everyone here forgets all of the original IOS and Android nightmares. Just the facts of evolving tech.

Wait for it, it will get better as it has been getting better.
    It has been a year and a half and sometimes one gets impatient!
    09-01-12 02:35 PM
    Yes we do get frustrated, I get frustrated by how easily it is to close an app when you didn't mean to.

I remember early iPad and iPhone adopters who got so frustrated that they will never go back and some have maintained anti Apple blogs.

At one time, back in the day, I managed a NT 4.0 domain with Exchange and IIS, tell me about a bad OS over the long haul.

A Linux/Apache/MySQL/Perl (LAMP) server had an uptime of months or years where a NT setup had an uptime rated in hours!

Finally with MS Server 2007+ their uptimes are on par with Linux and other xxNIX systems. But I still don't envy anyone running Exchange.

For a distraction from our frustrations check out this article from N4BB.COM:

RIM’s BlackBerry 10 and the Next Generation of Mobile Computing
    09-01-12 11:51 PM
    I am on 2.1.0.560, but it was working fine for me on 2.0.
    09-02-12 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD