Ordered one of these little beauties off ebay because i couldnt get any decent volume when connecting my pb to the stereo.

Arrived today and it is just fabulous.

These should be packed as standard with the pb.

So 120 gbp for the pb, 16 gbp for the gateway against 300 gbp for a similar sized iplod - no contest.
    02-12-13 02:55 PM
    Nice, need to try this out.
    02-12-13 07:20 PM
    What exactly is this and do you have a link so I can see it? Thanks
    02-12-13 10:07 PM
    What exactly is this and do you have a link so I can see it? Thanks
    BlackBerry Music Gateway | Bluetooth Bluetooth Adapters | ShopCrackBerry
    02-12-13 10:12 PM
    Thanks Chaddface
    02-12-13 10:15 PM
    Wow, looks great, think I will be getting one
    02-12-13 10:22 PM
    I recommend this device. Sounds very good. Compared with some cheap, similar units I ordered from hong kong..... no comparison. BB did something special with this unit. Some have complained that it doesn't have an internal battery for power but isn't a concern for me.
    02-12-13 11:48 PM
    ^ I don't carry it around as a portable device either, no need for an internal battery. It's kept connected to my receiver and always plugged in. ; has auto off when disconnected from a PB or phone.
    02-13-13 12:20 AM
    yeah I just picked up one for use in my car. works great. sounds great.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-13-13 12:35 AM
    Left it on by mistake and started playing modern combat.

Nearly s*** myself when all the shooting started blasting out on the stereo system.

Best thing i've bought since my PB
    MaxR_A likes this.
    02-13-13 06:10 AM
    Sounds interesting. Can you tell me something about the sound quality? I'm something of an audiophile and at home I play flac files from my pc through my Arcam dac > tube amp > speakers, but to be able to play music on my home setup with the pb would be more convenient. But I will only consider if the sq is good enough. and if they fix the Neutron player
    Last edited by Tim van der Wart; 02-13-13 at 07:41 AM.
    02-13-13 07:17 AM
    Personally I think the sound quality is dependant on your audio setup and i've got mine set up how I like it ( lots of bass and High tones )

This rig just receives the audio signal via bluetooth from the PB and converts it to an audio output.

I have to say it was a breeze to setup and and the signaland therefore audio is very clean.
    02-13-13 08:45 AM
    Sounds interesting. Can you tell me something about the sound quality? I'm something of an audiophile and at home I play flac files from my pc through my Arcam dac > tube amp > speakers, but to be able to play music on my home setup with the pb would be more convenient. But I will only consider if the sq is good enough. and if they fix the Neutron player
    If you consider yourself an audiophile you won't be happy with any bluetooth connection.
    Bluetooth compresses audio data to compensate for low bandwidth.
    02-13-13 09:19 AM
    I wanted to get this too ... but i learned that it is not possible to control the volume from the Playbook., or atleast not when using the Playbook's hardware volume control
    Can you confirm ?
    02-13-13 09:42 AM
    Left it on by mistake and started playing modern combat.

Nearly s*** myself when all the shooting started blasting out on the stereo system.

Best thing i've bought since my PB
    Been there, Done that...............................Should have seem what it did to the Kat!!!!!!!!!

C
    uncle_numpty likes this.
    02-13-13 09:51 AM
    I wanted to get this too ... but i learned that it is not possible to control the volume from the Playbook., or atleast not when using the Playbook's hardware volume control
    Can you confirm ?
    I can confirm that you cannot change the volume through the playbook.
    Qaxl likes this.
    02-13-13 10:18 AM
    Can you confirm ?
    I just confirmed you CAN control the volume - I connected to my receiver using the Gateway while downstairs and controlled the volume and just moved upstairs and can still control the volume. (my logitech "gateway" would not allow volume control from the pb).

And thanks for asking this question - I forgot that after a Security Wipe a while back, I did not re-pair the pb and Gateway (nor my other bt devices). Too busy getting ready for an overseas ski trip.
    Qaxl likes this.
    02-13-13 10:31 AM
    I can confirm that you cannot change the volume through the playbook.
    ODD! And I just confirmed that I could control the volume!!!!

Is yours an older model? What else could be different?
    02-13-13 10:33 AM
    The bluetooth device I use is hit and miss with the volume control. I don't know if its the device the PB or my 9900.
    I know last night it wouldn't work but the night before it did. The device I use has its own volume control so its not a big problem but I would like to know why.
    02-13-13 10:43 AM
    Volume level is controllable via the PB with the latest version of the BMG. There is an older model still circulating. Not sure what it can do. Check crackberry store, they have the latest model in stock. The two models look quite different.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-13-13 10:46 AM
    The bluetooth device I use is hit and miss with the volume control. I don't know if its the device the PB or my 9900.
    I know last night it wouldn't work but the night before it did. The device I use has its own volume control so its not a big problem but I would like to know why.
    I think that whatever is or is NOT working is yet another bt standard like a2dp but not exactly that standard.

My Motorola S9's can be controlled. The Logitech gateway (which is similar in function to the bb one) canNOT be controlled. There was another device I connected that could NOT be controlled.
    02-13-13 11:58 AM