I notice that whenever I the use remote control feature, my predictive keyboard behaves unpredictably... it usually never comes up.

Even when the remote control app is running in the background of my handset, the predictive keyboard on the PlayBook does not come up when I try to type in places it usually comes up.

I notice that when I am not using remote control at all, the predictive keyboard works fine. Has anyone else had this issue or anything similar?

03-01-12 06:47 PM
    I think there was a thread that the keyboard, in general, does not appear automatically if the remote is enabled. Does the swipe work to bring it up manually?
    03-01-12 07:45 PM
    I noticed that also.
    03-01-12 07:45 PM
    Page 37 of the User Guide...

Click below....
    03-01-12 07:57 PM
    Page 37 of the User Guide...

Click below....
    Where on Page 37 did it say that the keyboard will not work properly when using remote control?
    03-01-12 08:35 PM
    I think there was a thread that the keyboard, in general, does not appear automatically if the remote is enabled. Does the swipe work to bring it up manually?
    Yeah the swipe works
    03-01-12 08:37 PM
    Where on Page 37 did it say that the keyboard will not work properly when using remote control?
    It does work properly. when on remote the keyboard does not come up unless you want it to, by using the back button on your phone...

Why do you think it's not working properly? I'm not understanding... Sorry.
    03-01-12 08:52 PM
    It does work properly. when on remote the keyboard does not come up unless you want it to, by using the back button on your phone...

Why do you think it's not working properly? I'm not understanding... Sorry.
    The predictive part of the keyboard doesn't come up when I am using remote control... the keyboard itself works fine but the predictive part of the keyboard does not show up...
    03-01-12 08:56 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's using your phones autocorrect settings/version/dictionary when you're using it as a remote control...
    03-01-12 10:25 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's using your phones autocorrect settings/version/dictionary when you're using it as a remote control...
    I was thinking that but on rare occasions, while using remote control, the PlayBook's predictive keyboard also comes up when you swipe up the keyboard. So I don't know... and many times when you close remote control the predictive keyboard doesn't come back until you restart the PlayBook
    03-01-12 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD