Anyone else experience this? Not after leaving it for a bit but going idle while using it and having to slide open torch to get it working again. Just wondering if anyone else experiencing this at all?
    02-21-12 05:39 PM
    wow, no.
    have you tried to reinstall it?
    I would.
    And I would use this version...
    http://rroyy.com/ota/
    02-21-12 05:41 PM
    I will try that and let you know the results but have to take my son to hockey practice first.
    02-21-12 05:44 PM
    I'm having a similar problem with my PB and 9930. I'm currently rebooting after uninstalling bridge, and I will try the above link. Mine works great if I'm only using the trackpad, but if I use the touchscreen portion, it lags out and freezes up randomly as I'm using it.

It's strange, cause last night before the release, I had my 9930 working perfect with my PB.

-RYknow

EDIT: I used the above link right from my 9930, and it worked like a charm. I have flawless remote control once again! Thanks cntrydncr223
    Last edited by -RYknow; 02-21-12 at 06:50 PM.
    02-21-12 06:18 PM
    After the un install and reinstall all seems to be working good. Hopefully this fixes the problem. Thanks guys.
    02-21-12 08:04 PM
    I've been having the same problem. What's odd is, it worked flawlessly for at least a week n it first came out, now all of a sudden its been going into idle while using it (same as others above report), I'll try deleting and reinstalling.
    03-13-12 11:00 AM
    I had the same issue about a week after OS2 came out. I solved it by completely uninstalling Bridge and anything related to it on my phone and PlayBook (bluetooth connections, etc). I reinstalled it and re-added my phone as a bluetooth device on the PlayBook and it has been working ever since.

Since I did basically everything to re-do the connection between my phone and PlayBook, I'm not sure what specific thing fixed it, or if everything I did was necessary. All I know is that it works now and I love it!
    03-13-12 11:06 AM
    I had the same issue about a week after OS2 came out. I solved it by completely uninstalling Bridge and anything related to it on my phone and PlayBook (bluetooth connections, etc). I reinstalled it and re-added my phone as a bluetooth device on the PlayBook and it has been working ever since.

Since I did basically everything to re-do the connection between my phone and PlayBook, I'm not sure what specific thing fixed it, or if everything I did was necessary. All I know is that it works now and I love it!
    Hmmm... I tried deleting just the bridge app, but didn't go as far as you suggested. For me (deleting the bridge app), only seemed to work for a couple times use, then its back to the idle problem. So very annoying.... Maybe I'll try deleting everything pertaining to bluetooth and bridge....
    03-16-12 11:22 PM
    This just started happening to me to. It's very annoying! I can literally be in mid move on the trackpad and it goes idle. I need to either choose something from the menu, or type a letter and then touch the screen to get it working again, which it will do for a minute or so then go idle again. Weird thing is it's worked flawlessly since I installed it up until 2 days ago. If find that if I reboot the phone and PlayBook it starts working again, for a while anyway.
    03-16-12 11:44 PM
    This just started happening to me to. It's very annoying! I can literally be in mid move on the trackpad and it goes idle. I need to either choose something from the menu, or type a letter and then touch the screen to get it working again, which it will do for a minute or so then go idle again. Weird thing is it's worked flawlessly since I installed it up until 2 days ago. If find that if I reboot the phone and PlayBook it starts working again, for a while anyway.
    This is driving me insane... I recently bought a new playbook and it does this on my new one as well. Which is making me wonder if its actually something to do with my handset and not playbook. I'm running 9900/7.1.0.190 (B561) and have the latest bridge installed (released yesterday).... I don't know what to do - I've tried deleting the bridge app and reinstalling it, I've wiped my original playbook, I've tried deleting my bluetooth settings, and now I am having the same problem on a fresh playbook.... Very discouraged - please - anybody - help.
    Thanks
    03-28-12 10:40 AM
    I found that doing a battery pull on my 9900 and rebooting my PlayBook helped briefly, so I decided to wipe Bridge from my 9900, do a battery pull, then re-install. So far it has worked great but I WAS having problems as described above.
    03-28-12 10:51 AM
    I'm getting this problem quite often, infact every day...I've tried to reinstall, reboot, everything, nothing seems to be working. Its a shame because its a fantastic feature...anyone figured out a way to sort it?
    04-03-12 03:38 PM
    I'm getting this problem quite often, infact every day...I've tried to reinstall, reboot, everything, nothing seems to be working. Its a shame because its a fantastic feature...anyone figured out a way to sort it?
    Yep.

I went as far as security wiping 9930, installing only Bridge afterwards and the problem remained.

Turns out there's a conflict/bug on 9930 using Remote Control when I have another device paired/connected on Bluetooth - namely my Plantronics Voyager Pro+ headset.
    (I love Remote Control. In fact, it's my Convenience Key. But I love my headset better.. so I had to find a way to make them coexist if I will continue to use Remote Control.)

The Plantronics headset uses three Bluetooth profiles:
    Headset
    Handsfree
    A/V Remote Control Target

I decided to disable A/V Remote Control Target (which I'm still am able to listen to music on my 9930 over Bluetooth, yay), and so far the problem has not returned. So right now I have my headset connected on Bluetooth and my PB connected and I'm not seeing anymore idle lockups. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that A/V Remote Control Target profile is the cause. (you can disable it by going to Bluetooth Connections and going to Options on your BB device)

If the problem returns then I will have to choose between my Plantronics headset and Remote Control, and unfortunately Remote Control will lose
    04-08-12 11:10 PM
    I was getting problems with tethering and remote lag. I'm trying the fix now.

On a side note rroyy also provides bb podcast app that stopped working After I updated to 7.1. I thought the app might have lost support but it works again thx to rroyy

Update: okay it still lags but I figure it has to be because of the tethering on hspa+. It only lags when streaming video or opening websites.
    Last edited by Guyzer; 09-04-12 at 12:22 AM.
    09-04-12 12:14 AM
    Same problem here, super annoying, any word on a fix??
    02-08-13 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD