I know how to do it on all legacy devices and my z10, but haven't a clue on how to do that on my playbook. Can someone help? I already did a wipe, and it's still slow as balls. I'd like to refresh the is and get that snappy feel to the o's like how it was when I first bought. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 02:05 PM
    I know how to do it on all legacy devices and my z10, but haven't a clue on how to do that on my playbook. Can someone help? I already did a wipe, and it's still slow as balls. I'd like to refresh the is and get that snappy feel to the o's like how it was when I first bought. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Try debrick method.
    06-22-13 02:12 PM
    Try debrick method.
    Start DTM.
    Switch off your pb and connect to DTM.
    Turn pb on.
    When you get the connection error message, select update
    Sit back and wait
    06-22-13 02:21 PM
    I don't have desktop manager installed on my new pc. Only link. Can't use li.k, correct?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 03:07 PM
    I don't have desktop manager installed on my new pc. Only link. Can't use li.k, correct?

Posted via CB10
    I think I have read that.
    06-22-13 03:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've never tried it with link. I have both link and DTM loaded on mine. You can upgrade your OS with link but I don't know about debricking. Follow the instructions above and if link gives you the connection error when your pb starts the it works.
    06-22-13 03:16 PM
    Trying it right now. I just went to bb.com and downloaded the dtm.

I turned off pb
    Started dtm
    Connected usb
    Pc auto turned pb on

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 03:23 PM
    Trying it right now. I just went to bb.com and downloaded the dtm.

I turned off pb
    Started dtm
    Connected usb
    Pc auto turned pb on

Posted via CB10
    If it connects to DTM then just power off the pb and wait 30 secs then power back on
    06-22-13 03:26 PM
    Probably about to find out.
    The playbook is now a heavy fat coaster. Yes it sometimes connects to the internet but will not stream audio.
    Sooo I took these instructions which I had to modify and reloaded the OS. Took fricking ages - this thing is soo slow and then went through the setup - it then decided that it would have to check for updates and that is where we are - it refuses to connect to the internet - right now it's almost duct taped to my router but still feels that's not good enough - everything else in the area is connecting and being happy - not the puckberry - it still says trying to connect to get an update it doesn't need. Rebooted, restarted but it's having nothing of it - it's in sc^%W you mode and so it's toast unless someone has a brilliant idea.
    Useless
    08-03-13 05:29 PM
    Just pay shipping you can have this thing. "Disconnected from network" it says "downloading in background" - how is that possible if it won't connect to the network after it accepts and does connect - briefly.

I'll add something else - if there is a way to tell this device to skip this step I'd like to know because it won't accept any swipe or give me any option to skip - this is disastrous design
    08-03-13 05:56 PM
    You canNOT skip the darn update. Yes, the scheme they used has been complained about. But now you can expect no fix for that or anything else.

Any public wifi near you? Starbucks, library, etc?

Why did you have to "alter/modify" the instructions?
    08-03-13 08:01 PM
    The update to .1526 can be skipped--the playbook gives an option to download now or skip, I've skipped it a number of times.
    08-04-13 10:31 AM