When BlackBerry announced that Blend would support "all devices", and I later found out that "all devices" didn't include the Playbook, I was discouraged.

BlackBerry no longer supports the PlayBook, and I regret buying it. I don't always need the latest and the greatest. I could live without new features, I just need what I already have to work. So when BlackBerry said they wouldn't be fixing existing bugs in the PlayBook, it became a real problem.

I don't know if BlackBerry will make a "comeback", I only know that they don't treat their customers well.

Shane.
    Did you read whole thread?

Bridge doesn't compare:

No text messages
    No BBM
    Not comparable file management

And it uses up bluetooth which then is not available for head set.

And yes, we know it's no longer supported. But providing a client app would not have been difficult... and would have gone a long way in good faith for all those who bought steeply into the whole failed PB fiasco.

Posted via CB10
    Please read the highlighted above.

Yes, I've read and participated in the entire thread. I'm not qualified to determine how much effort it would take, to make blend work for the Playbook. I do know the OP says he doesn't want new features he then requests, and that any money/time devoted to a product who's supported has be closed, considering BlackBerry themselves is trying to dig out of the depths, makes no sense. Y'all want to keep pounding away at this, have at it. It's obvious my point is being completely ignored. It's also obvious, this desire is drawing little interest.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-29-14 07:45 AM
    Lol I paid 200 2 years ago it used daily by sibling.

You probably paid less than 100

Be thankful they alive or no phones would be worth using. IN THE WORLD. PERIOD

PEACE.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 12-29-14 at 08:57 AM. Reason: keeping it civil
    12-29-14 08:39 AM
    I've been disappointed by the promises from BBRY on the Playbook myself, but not enough to regret the purchase completely. I bought (32 gig wifi) for C$125 knowing that I got what I got, but I bought under the promise of BB10 coming to the tablet. I was very disappointed by the decision to not bring BB10 over, though I understand that performance might have taken a hit. Honestly, I can live with the current OS if they would update the browser to be faster. The browser on my Z10 is very fast, and while I wouldn't expect the same performance, some improvement would be appreciated. Maybe an updated YouTube app (as through the browser is hit and miss as well). The "blend" doesn't matter much to me, but that's my situation. My company is moving away from BB phones slowly, so I'll likely be shifted over to another platform next year.

There were a lot of promises and assumptions with this product and none have really panned out. I feel for you, and have learned that items purchased from BBRY have to be purchased under the assumption that what you get is all that there will be, and then further updates MAY improve things.
    12-29-14 10:51 AM
    Lol I paid 200 2 years ago it used daily by sibling.
    You probably paid less than 100
    I paid $600 Canadian on July 4, 2013 from Telus Mobility, plus $10 for a SIM card.

Shane.
    12-30-14 05:13 AM
    I paid $600 Canadian on July 4, 2013 from Telus Mobility, plus $10 for a SIM card.

Shane.

June 28th 2013
    12-30-14 08:40 AM
    I wouldn't say I regret buying mine, but its a shame they weren't given the attention and resources to make them better before being mothballed by BB. I originally bought a 16G to pair up with my work Bold 9700. Then I got a great deal on a 64G and gave the 16G to my wife. Fast forward a few years the company dropped the Bold's and went with iPhone 5C's, I have both playbooks because the wife and I have iPads. The Playbooks are rarely used (one is on my desk in my den and the other in my truck to be used once in a while when I stop for coffee (if I don't bring my iPad Mini with me). Now that I have an iPhone 6+ I am not even sure if I will feel the urge to pull out the Playbook and fire it up... Its a shame they really never achieved their full potential.
    BigBadWulf and sam81 like this.
    12-30-14 10:31 AM
    I wouldn't say I regret buying mine, but its a shame they weren't given the attention and resources to make them better before being mothballed by BB. I originally bought a 16G to pair up with my work Bold 9700. Then I got a great deal on a 64G and gave the 16G to my wife. Fast forward a few years the company dropped the Bold's and went with iPhone 5C's, I have both playbooks because the wife and I have iPads. The Playbooks are rarely used (one is on my desk in my den and the other in my truck to be used once in a while when I stop for coffee (if I don't bring my iPad Mini with me). Now that I have an iPhone 6+ I am not even sure if I will feel the urge to pull out the Playbook and fire it up... Its a shame they really never achieved their full potential.
    With those screens they should make really nice picture frames. Seriously, if it's on your desk anyway, might as well show off the family.

Imagine the uproar that would have ensued, had they made the 4G with a proper 2Gb RAM, which then would have allowed it to run BB10.
    sam81 likes this.
    12-30-14 10:45 AM
    Also, bridge does have :

SMS
    BBM
    File Access,

Plus, it allows a shared Internet connection which Blend doesn't. I miss bridge every time I'm on a plane using WiFi with my SP3 and I have no access to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 11:09 AM
    How do you find the updates to the original Samsung Galaxy Tab that came out a few months before the PlayBook? It shipped with Android 2.2.x, and end-of-life was Android 2.3.x released in September, 2011 - less than a year after launch.

PlayBook did a lot better than that! It was released April of 2011, and received its last update in March 2014.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154

Very true, not alot of companies seem to support their products long after launch, the only solid ones seem to be Apple which is well known for updating its devices for at least 3 years, Blackberry even though the PlayBook didn't get BB10 it was still updated in 2014 and Microsoft in regards to it's own hardware with all its surface tablets still being updated.
    12-31-14 03:24 PM
    I have no regrets with my LTE PB. It may be slower now, especially since I am use to my Z30, yet, I still use it, and I love it.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 06:47 PM
    Install Deezer or StereoTube from BlackBerry World and listen to Robbie Williams 'No Regrets'....you might change your mind when you hear the sound quality!!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    01-03-15 01:42 AM
    I read back over this thread for some reason. Anyway, it may be helpful to note that you can sideload Evernote. I did mine off of good e reader and it actually is better than the native evernote app. I'm a heavy evernote user so losses like that with my PB have been annoying as well. Speaks well for PB's longevity. I'm not sure too many tablets could have that work around to replace a non functioning app. PB still has that goin for it.
    01-03-15 05:15 PM
    Just let the Playbook rest in peace! Its a done deal. I'm sure when BB said "now access to all your files on any device" i'm sure them meant devices that are still officially supported.
    Just stop complaining, its pathetic. Tech items have such a short life span and even with that said BB still supports more of their older items much better then the rest of the tech companies out there. They don't have to money or resources to keep putting in to the playbook. BB has a new path, a new trajectory under John Chen so forget what the old guard of Thorstein Hiens said.

RIP Playbook....it was nice knowing you, i wish the cry babies can let you go peacefully.
    01-03-15 05:37 PM
    Uh this is the PB forum right?
    01-03-15 10:33 PM
    Uh this is the PB forum right?
    Didn't you see the headstone at the entrance?

1khalid likes this.
    01-03-15 11:39 PM

LOL. Touche.
    01-03-15 11:50 PM

lol
    01-04-15 10:41 AM
    I bought it last year then I got iPad Air. I recommend the latter

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 06:45 PM
    I guess the sore point after all these years is that BB promised a lot of things for the PlayBook, then procrastinated, then quietly and unceremoniously dumped the half-finished platform in the trash.

Your typical Android tablet circa-2011/2012 may be stuck with Gingerbread or if you're lucky, an ICS update, but they're still very much usable because a lot of new Android apps can still run on older versions. I'm rocking a late-2011 tablet with Android 4.1 that runs the vast majority of apps without any issue. Bank apps, work apps, games, all are being updated and I don't envision a Lollipop-only or Kitkat-only cutoff point for a few years. My PlayBook on the other hand has to make do with a small handful of abandoned apps or the useless browser.

Oh, and the irony is that my Android tablet's manufacturer only released an update from Android 3.2 to 4.0. The 4.1 update was courtesy of the hard work done by CyanogenMod hackers. No luck doing that with the PlayBook, thanks to BB's boneheaded focus on "security" at the expense of shafting loyal customers.

I also have a first-gen iPad Mini and Apple's support makes BB look like a shoddy lemonade stand. I can expect iOS 8 support for a year, maybe an update to iOS 9, with app support for years to come. I also have a Windows 8 tablet that will get Windows 10. Everyone's doing it properly except BB

BB really alienated a ton of potential comeback users by dropping the PlayBook - I was thinking of getting a Passport because of the awesome keyboard but I'll pass after seeing the same "we don't need apps" and "tools not toys" nonsense on BB10.
    ShaneGoodman and edwinsberry like this.
    01-06-15 09:15 PM
    I guess the sore point after all these years is that BB promised a lot of things for the PlayBook, then procrastinated, then quietly and unceremoniously dumped the half-finished platform in the trash.

Your typical Android tablet circa-2011/2012 may be stuck with Gingerbread or if you're lucky, an ICS update, but they're still very much usable because a lot of new Android apps can still run on older versions. I'm rocking a late-2011 tablet with Android 4.1 that runs the vast majority of apps without any issue. Bank apps, work apps, games, all are being updated and I don't envision a Lollipop-only or Kitkat-only cutoff point for a few years. My PlayBook on the other hand has to make do with a small handful of abandoned apps or the useless browser.

Oh, and the irony is that my Android tablet's manufacturer only released an update from Android 3.2 to 4.0. The 4.1 update was courtesy of the hard work done by CyanogenMod hackers. No luck doing that with the PlayBook, thanks to BB's boneheaded focus on "security" at the expense of shafting loyal customers.

I also have a first-gen iPad Mini and Apple's support makes BB look like a shoddy lemonade stand. I can expect iOS 8 support for a year, maybe an update to iOS 9, with app support for years to come. I also have a Windows 8 tablet that will get Windows 10. Everyone's doing it properly except BB

BB really alienated a ton of potential comeback users by dropping the PlayBook - I was thinking of getting a Passport because of the awesome keyboard but I'll pass after seeing the same "we don't need apps" and "tools not toys" nonsense on BB10.
    Exactly!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 10:28 PM
45 12