Red/Orange Light Around Edge of Screen When Email Arrives

When an email arrives, there is about a 1" red/orange light or line of light in upper left corner on the X-Y axis. And this light is visible through any open app

Please see image - Is this normal?
    Last edited by matthew2582; 03-20-12 at 02:19 PM.
    03-20-12 02:17 PM
    Normal. It's a notification light. I think you can turn it off in settings if you wish.
    03-20-12 02:18 PM
    Yes. If you don't like it, change the notification settings. Click on the gear icon on the top right of your playbook to access your settings. Scroll down on the left side of the resulting screen to "Sounds & Notifications". You can change the "Visual Notification" as desired.
    03-20-12 02:19 PM
    PS - within the mail client, if you drag down from the top bezel and then click on Settings, under "Display and Actions" you can turn off new mail alerts if you like.
    ranchlizard likes this.
    03-20-12 02:21 PM
    OK - I knew the flashing orange light in the middle of the device (the light used for status notifications such as low battery) was normal but did not know that a 1" line running horizontally and vertical in upper left hand corners was also normal.

Many thanks for your reply
    samson47 likes this.
    03-20-12 02:22 PM
    PS - within the mail client, if you drag down from the top bezel and then click on Settings, under "Display and Actions" you can turn off new mail alerts if you like.
    Thanks for the advice and help
    03-20-12 02:23 PM
    Yes. If you don't like it, change the notification settings. Click on the gear icon on the top right of your playbook to access your settings. Scroll down on the left side of the resulting screen to "Sounds & Notifications". You can change the "Visual Notification" as desired.
    I wish I could disable both the LED and the Glow notification altogether. Or at least, it would be great if the glow notification disappeared after you check your email (even if you have unread messages).
    03-20-12 02:27 PM
    OK got it - did not see that Glow setting before - very good - thanks to all for their help
    03-20-12 02:27 PM
    I wish I could disable both the LED and the Glow notification altogether. Or at least, it would be great if the glow notification disappeared after you check your email (even if you have unread messages).
    Open your messages. Drag down from the top bezel. Click on Settings. Under "Display and Actions" scroll down on the right side to "Alerts". Turn off the alerts.

Hope that helps.
    03-20-12 02:35 PM
    Since 2.0, my glow notifications don't go away until I briefly switch orientation of the PB (eg. landscape-to-portrait and back)
    03-20-12 02:35 PM
    Thats new. Good tip. Mine goes away for a short period is i go into mail settings, ennable the visual notification and then disable it again. This buys me some time until the glow eventually returns in glory. It is obviously broken and we could use an official "dont display any notification" in general settings. It is very annoying. Right now i am considering removing all mail accounts or smashing my playbook on the wall.
    03-21-12 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD