When my blackberry gets a new message, I have a red light that flashes.

My playbook has the exact same light but it only ever turns on when my playbook does.
    Is there a way to make the red light flash on my playbook when I get a message on my blackberry?
    10-18-11 01:18 PM
    When my blackberry gets a new message, I have a red light that flashes.

My playbook has the exact same light but it only ever turns on when my playbook does.
    Is there a way to make the red light flash on my playbook when I get a message on my blackberry?
    Right now the purpose of the light is to let you know when the PB is starting, the charging status, connected disconnected when you cannot yet see the screen- so in other words you can't do anything to make the red light act like that on your BB. Maybe in the future.
    10-18-11 01:22 PM
    As it stands now, there is a red flashing glow in the upper left hand corner of the screen itself to notify you. It is actually a better way to do it as far as I am concerned.
    10-18-11 01:23 PM
    As it stands now, there is a red flashing glow in the upper left hand corner of the screen itself to notify you. It is actually a better way to do it as far as I am concerned.
    You bet..... I think so too. But you can't see it when the screen is in sleep mode, the outside LED will help as it does for the BBs .....
    10-18-11 01:26 PM
    Next time you get a message, look carefully at the top-left corner of the Playbook screen... see the corner flash red?

That's your new message indicator on the Playbook.

The PB LED is right next to the auto-dim light sensor which may be the reason they don't use it.
    10-18-11 01:27 PM
    You bet..... I think so too. But you can't see it when the screen is in sleep mode, the outside LED will help as it does for the BBs .....
    Yep, but it is so quick and easy to go from stand-by to awake and back to stand-by - only a second or 2. And....... at least until we get native PIM, we can still rely on our BB red LED to tell us what's going on
    10-18-11 01:53 PM
    But you can't see it when the screen is in sleep mode
    Right, but if your PlayBook volume is high enough then (I'm pretty sure anyway) you can still hear notifications of incoming messages. At first I was like the OP in wishing the small LED would flash like my Bold's does, but with use I've realized that since my Bold and PB aren't usually very far apart, there's not much need for the PB to blink upon getting a message since my Bold already does. And now that I can also hear the notification on the PB as backup, I'm sort of glad the PB doesn't blink; once the bell has chimed when a message comes in, I hear it and can choose to open it or ignore it without a persistent reminder PlayBook via flashing light. To me, if I'm doing something on the PB and don't want to open the new messages right at that moment, then I'd rather not have a constant blinking light distracting me from what I was already doing -- would get a bit annoying and nearly impossible to ignore, personally. So it turns out that the subtle glow in the top corner is better for me and how I use the PB.
    10-18-11 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD